Anyone use Lab Gruppen?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by thumbstruck, Feb 18, 2014.

1. thumbstruck

thumbstruck

If anyone can share their experience with these, I'm curious about their 1U IPD power amps.
  2. The_Janitor

The_Janitor

I have not used one in a bass rig but they're top-notch, top of the line amplifiers.
  3. azwhofan

azwhofan Supporting Member

I have used them in PA situations - powering a multitude of higher end JBL cabs - and was blown away by the musicality of the amps
  4. pgorey

pgorey

Stellar for PA purposes. Have only heard powering line arrays with Dolby Lake processing but they are seriously good amps and amazingly powerful for size.
  5. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

I have had five of the older generation. While they were sort of weak and did not sound as good as QSC or Urei, they were 100% trouble free for years and were also extremely robust in terms of electrical interference. The support is second to none. Made in Sweden is nice, too...
  6. Gizmot

Gizmot Supporting Member

I used to play one (I can't remember the model number, but it put out 1,400 watts a side). It got a little mud in it during the Nashville flood, but I cleaned it out and it was fine. I thought it sounded good but not great. I now use a Powersoft K3 which is MUCH better. The K3 has much more solid lows, incredible headroom and is only 1 rackspace.
  7. AlexanderB

AlexanderB

Your experience reflects mine.
    Reliable, sounds good, not great.

Not many floods here, though...
  8. thumbstruck

thumbstruck

K3 looks pretty amazing! I could get my hands on an LP IPD1200 for around $1-1200. For the price difference, would I be noticeably happier if I save for a K?