1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Anyone used the Galaxy IEM systems?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by sleepy_monkey, Jan 20, 2014.

1. sleepy_monkey

sleepy_monkey Supporting Member

I am looking for an inexpensive IEM system. I will mainly be using it to send a signal to my powered speakers from an iPod or something but would like to be able to use them for a modest IEM system. Any experience with the AS-900 system? I already have some Shure SCL3 earbuds I can use in lieu of the included headphones.

Anyway, just looking for other TBers that have used it. Fixed channel but my Sony wireless is 2.4 Ghz so that shouldn't interfere at all.
  2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings
    My singer had them - terrible. He heard my Carvin system and immediately dumped the Galaxy.
  3. sleepy_monkey

Terrible as in range, clarity,? Did he use other earbuds?

I was going to get the Carvins but they have gone up $50 in price in the last 2 months.
  4. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings
    I'm not sure he had any range issues. He used *great* custom molded buds. I listened to the system with my buds - no clarity, drastically reduced frequency range when compared with the Carvins. Sounded like AM radio...
  5. sleepy_monkey

Thanks Pacman....guess I will just keep saving to get the Carvins.
  6. Runnerman

Runnerman Registered Bass Player Supporting Member

+1 for the Carvins
  7. sleepy_monkey

Keep your ears open for me please!
  8. mjmeche

mjmeche Supporting Member

Another vote for Carvin. Tried Galaxy agree with above. Had Shure PSM 200 that is almost $600 .
  9. sleepy_monkey

I would buy the Carvins now, but their price has been fluctuating on their site and on eBay. 349....369....349....369.....399. I am assuming that $399 is the new price.
  10. Runnerman

Runnerman Registered Bass Player Supporting Member

Keep your eye on ebay too. I have seen them pop up there before at reasonable bucks used.
  11. Big_Daws

Big_Daws

yeah the galaxy audio ones are terrible..i had this weird fluttering noise at higher volumes...was terrible...i would say in the same price range the shure psm200 system is way better...
  12. morgansterne

morgansterne

If you want to stay cheap, the wii audiolink system would be great for wirelessly playing your Ipod through the PA. The sound quality is excellent. rechargeable battery like a laptop.

con:
    Latency out the wazoo makes it difficult to use as IEM's. I do use them in one band where I play keyboards and it's not a problem there. But I hate using it for bass, it throws me off.
  13. dreads311

dreads311

I'll second the Shure PSM200. I think it's just fine. I also use the Shure 425 ear buds. No problems except for one blown bud in about 5 years (which I got repaired from Shure in a timely manner).
  14. sleepy_monkey

Yeah, I have looked at those. Everywhere I look mentions latency issues, so I really don't want to consider them for IEMs. They would probably work for the powered speakers but I think I would be better off getting good IEMs instead of having 2 systems.