1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Anyone using the Sanyo Pedal Juice?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Lenny, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Lenny

Lenny

Did a search, but I only found one thread from last year when it was first released.

Anyone using one?

2. rough house

rough house

I just got one today! So far so good. I will let you know how it does this weekend after my 5 set gig. Its running a tech 21 programable character vt, a line 6 wireless, a phase 90, a boss chorus and a boss tuner. The vt and wireless are always on, so we will see how it does.

3. Bassmike62

Bassmike62

Looking forward to your report ! I'm interesting, but a little skeptic about this thing...

:bag:

4. rough house

rough house

Well, I used it for a four set show 45 minutes per set with no problem. I turned it off on my breaks. Im glad I got it. One less thing to plug in.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Lenny

Lenny

Thanks for the input guys, in the end I went with the tried and true Pedal Power 2.

7. rough house

rough house

Been gigging for three month now...and loving it. No issues to report. Well maybe one. I have to remember to charge it after a gig. I carry a one spot adapter just incase.

8. rough house

rough house

6 month and still running strong!

9. surfingbird1

surfingbird1

me too - exactly - carry a one spot just in case - but so far its all great

i have 20ft instrument cables - but 20ft power cables seem stupid (used to have to run an extension cord to the front of stage)

works awesome - super quiet

10. matante

matante

Sorry if this is a dumb question as I don't know much about powers supplies.

How exactly could I use this to power 4 or 5 pedals if it only has 2 outputs?

11. Lenny

Lenny

There are cables you can get that daisy chain from one pedal to the next.

12. matante

matante

13. Lenny

Lenny

14. Darknut

Darknut Supporting Member

Used a Pedal juice for about a year ( I think :) ) & its was great. Recently had to go back to normal power supply because I ended up with too many high draw pedals & it won't last 4 sets anymore.

I still have it ... I guess I could get another one I use 2 ... :)

15. icks

icks

For those who use it, would you recommend it to someone using 3 to 5 pedals in his board?

16. NoxNoctus

NoxNoctus The Crushinator Supporting Member

Like most power supplies for boards, I'm shocked at how much this thing costs. For $50 more, you can pick up a Paul Buff Vagabond Lithium pack. I use this for photography strobes, my laptop, speakers, anything else I want to take on the road. Huge amount of power and you're not limited to 9V. you've got cleaner power than comes out of your outlet, with a 150watt pure sine wave inverter.

[​IMG]

http://www.paulcbuff.com/vm120.php

Just something for those looking for portable power and having more than one use for it.