1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Anyone using/used the Line 6 Bass Floor Pod Multi Effects?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 77 StingRayBass, Nov 17, 2012.

1. 77 StingRayBass

77 StingRayBass

Looking to possibly buy one. Is anyone familiar with this unit or has used it? Pros/Cons??

Attached Files:

2. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    No.

But I have a line 6 toneport interface. And have a little experience with guitarists using Line 6 stuff.

Just my opinion here, and it's not based on a ton of experience, so I'd like to hear other take on this also. My somewhat limited experience however tells me that line6 has their heads up their butts when it comes to bass stuff. They nailed the guitar fx amp modeling technology, but anything bass related, to me, has been useless. When using the line 6 interface I stay away from all their effects and models, and use other preamps and effects before and after recording.

Pretty sure their bass amps haven't been all that much of a big hit either. I hope they're looking into upping their bass game, but I get the sense they're all about guitars.
  3. 77 StingRayBass

77 StingRayBass

Yo' Joe!
    Thanks for the reply!
  4. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    No problem. Hope others respond too though cuz I may be waaay off. :) Don't know anything about that particular pedal.
  5. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

I used to use the regular Bass Pod all the time to gig in the early '00s. It sounds great. Since the Bass Floor Pod is based on it I imagine it sounds good too. I recently got my Bass Pod out again and have started using it with one band. I also have a Boss GT-6B that I have used a lot, but it is a pain to edit during gigs, so I wanted something simple that sounds good and can be edited easily on the fly. The Bass Pod works for me. I mainly use the "Tube Preamp" model instead of a bass amp model. I don't care that much for the distortion box models, so for distortion I use the SVT model with the gain cranked to give me the amount of distortion I want instead.

You can see it in this picture taken around '02 on the stool next to me:

[​IMG]
  6. Jools4001

Jools4001

I use a Pod XT Live. It's the same set of amp models and effects that you get in a regular bean shaped pod, just in a ruggedised pedal board format.

I use it in my covers band to get my tone in the right ballpark to the original. Once I've done that I also name the resultant patch with the name of the song, then when our guitarist sends out the set list for any upcoming gig I just use the Line 6 edit software on my PC to drag and drop the patches into set list order. That way, just by stepping up through the patches I can read what song we're about to play from the Pod display, so I've got the set list at my feet, and I know that I've got the right sound and effects set up for that song.

The pod goes into an ART Pro Channel preamp which has got a nice compressor (I don't use any of the compressor models in the Pod, I let the ART do it). The ART also has a very powerful parametric EQ that lets me quickly dial in the sound for the room, that way I know all my patches are going to sound right - you can do this global EQ from the Pod but it's a bit clunky and way easier to do on the ART. The ART also does a good job of gain matching and driving my poweramp.

It works very well for me
  7. 77 StingRayBass

77 StingRayBass

Thanks for the replies and comments on your Line 6's Showdown and 4001!