Anyone video game dudes going to play Wildstar?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by vishuddha, Dec 20, 2013.

1. vishuddha

vishuddha 100% Mediocre Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Drum Sales - Guitar Center
    For those of you who play MMOs, there's a pretty awesome game called Wildstar coming out next quarter, made by the guys who were designing World of Warcraft back when it was good.

If there are any of you who plan on playing, post in here and we can all roll on the same server or whatever!

If not, congratulations, you all clearly have lives. More than I can say. Hahaha.
  2. Dale D Dilly

Dale D Dilly Monster

What's neat and new about it to make it not another generic MMORPG? Its been years since I've found one that offers a new mechanism that really compels me to play; if this has something like that, I'll probably try it out for a month.
  3. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: EBMM
    Well, I still think WoW is good. I'm also with dullsilver - what is new, different, or exciting about it that will keep me playing it for more than 2 months? So far, no other MMO has been able to keep me around for much more than that, simply because they're poor WoW clones.
  4. vishuddha

vishuddha 100% Mediocre Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Drum Sales - Guitar Center
    I'm just as jaded as the next guy but they basically took everything that WoW sucked at and improved it... limited action system which means you don't have 60 keybinds per character, tons of endgame content for pve/pvp and a badass telegraph combat system. Plus, the character talent system looks sweet.

I really haven't looked forward to a game for a long time but this one is really getting me pumped. I'd recommend at least checking out a video or two... It would be cool to play with some talkbassers. I know we all hear about the next WoW killer every year and it always sucks but this one looks solid.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

The art style and overall setting doesn't apppeal to me much. Anyway, i decided I won't do mmorpgs anymore. I'd mostly managed to stay away from them all my life, knowing i was a prime candidate for chronic addiction, until early 2012 when i gave in and started playing DCUO (i'm a comic nerd so it was tailored for me...and yeah i know city of heroes had been around ten years before but the whole monthly payment thing had kept me away).

Of course I got hooked and after a few months started paying and then i sank my whole life into it until about August of this year when i quit cold turkey, overnight, when my gf during an argument basically got me to realise how a waste of life it all was. I'm so glad i did it (i honestly didnt believe i would but after just three days I realised i wasn't gonna log back on ever). I basically started writing and recording the record i'm currently making less than a month after. If id still been playing DCUO, it wouldnt have happened, when given the easiest option (use my free time for play or to WORK on something) i'll usually pick that. Now i'm using most of my free time for something constructive.

I do still game of course, but i'm done with mmorpgs. Regular games have a shelf life. Generally you play it, finish it, done, whereas with mmorpgs, it more or less never ends. And there's not enough games i want to play in a year for me to be gaming all the time.

Though right now i'm playing Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, which was SUPPOSED to be a mmorpg originally and at a length of apparently 200 hours if you do all side quests (and after 40 hours in i can believe it), it DOES feel a little like i'm playing a mmorpg....but unlike a mmorpg, i dont have to feel i'm wasting my cash if i don't play a set amount of time everyday. I remember at the same time last year i was worrying about finding someone in DCUO that could log on my account while i was gone for the xmas holidays so they could do the holiday dailies (which of course happen only once a year) for me..... pathetic.
  7. bjelkeman

bjelkeman Bass player wannabe Supporting Member

That looks fun! I think I could imagine running an Esper. Wonder if they have dodging as a combat tool. It feels so natural in Guild Wars 2, that when I tried playing something without dodging, I constantly hit my dodge key bind and just stand there and look silly.