1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Anyone watch Treme?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JacoLesFlea, Feb 11, 2014.

1. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

I enjoy it. I liked the episode when they are recording with Ron Carter. Alot of well known musicians show up on that show. So if you watch it what do you think of it?

2. m0nst3r

m0nst3r

Yea, that was funny. Big Chief was trying to show Ron Carter how to play bass, haha!

It's a cool show. Some of the story lines are better than others, but the music is always freakin' awesome though!

3. jchetro

jchetro

watch closely and many of the musicians in the background you can see around the city playing in clubs. It is a great show and it has added many new songs to my music library

4. Auguste

Auguste

Excellent show and music

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

I loved the show and watched it from the beginning. I was sorry to see it go.

7. jerry

jerry Definitely not trending Gold Supporting Member

One of favorite shows, ever!

8. Not yet

Not yet

Turned me on to Trombone Shorty and many more. Awesome show... But mostly only musicians got it

9. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac Supporting Member

It was a fantastic show. I got into it because the creator, David Simon, had been the show runner for The Wire on HBO. And that show was amazing. Given his track record with that series I felt that Treme was going to be a great show.

As knowledgeable as I feel I am regarding music, Treme really schooled me on New Orleans jazz in a very positive way. I came to appreciate the music and musicians far more thanks to the show. And the musicians who were turning up were absolutely amazing. Steve Earle, Kermit Ruffins, Trombone Shorty and Lucia Miccarelli all made this a show worth LISTENING to. And I got really turned on to the sound of Galactic!

I have to admit, I feel bad though. I really did not take the time to check out the final season. I just wound up being fairly busy during it's run and wasn't able to tune in live. I'm planning on checking out this season via On Demand. Still, I'm sorry to see the show go. But I am left with a strong desire to visit New Orleans and take in the city for myself.

10. Bassin'

Bassin'

My favorite show the last few years. Really bummed that it ended.

11. ggunn

ggunn

I am a south Louisiana native and when I lived there I went to New Orleans (PLEASE do not call it the Big Easy!) frequently. I loved Treme. I recognized many of the location shots, and the guy cast as the swarthier of Davis' two gay neighbors is an old friend of mine. He's not gay, BTW (Hi, Danny!). :D

I was very sad to see it end. I was disappointed at the way they had to wrap up all the story lines in the last episode; the writers/director obviously had planned for it to continue.

12. fnordlyone

fnordlyone Supporting Member

I lived there for 7 years with Katrina right in the middle. Big Sleazy is more like it… the most self destructive, yet wonderful city Ever for Music. Johnny V, and Porter, Jr every week for $5-8 at the Maple Leaf-- or show up a little early and pay nothing! Astral Project with V and Singleton @ Snug Harbor, etc. Pepper (Down)'s club: Le Bon Ton on Magazine Uptown where they keep it funky N.O. with the brass bands. Or, just listen out your window if you're poor and lived where I did, for 2nd Lines any time just for the hell of it. Also, lock down everything you don't want stolen; buy a big dog to chain to a Magnolia tree, and don't disrespect the local thugs on your block.
    I went down there for Jazz Fest one year and stayed for 7 years. I grew up in Cajun Land and have lived in Manhattan and Los Angeles. N.O. clobbers those towns for music and crime! We're number 1!
    fnord!