1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Anything lighter than my GS112 with a similar sound?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by ole Jason, Feb 10, 2013.

1. ole Jason

ole Jason

I'm currently using an Aguilar GS112 with a Euphonic Audio iAmp350 for a regular restaurant gig. The sound is great and the volume/lows are fine for this gig but I'd really like something a little lighter than the GS112 since I often have to walk a few blocks. An easy one trip load-in would be great.

Is there anything out there that can pump out the same volume and low end of the Aguilar but at a lower weight? Something around 25-30lb would be ideal. I'll also most likely move to an EA Micro in the near future.

The ones I'm currently reading about:
    Wizzy 112
    Aguilar SL112
    Genz Benz NX2-112T
  2. metalinthenight

metalinthenight Supporting Member

I'm interested in these comparisons as well.
  3. Not yet

Not yet

Had the GS112 w a Streamliner and grew to hate it. Moved to Genz Neox 112Ts and happy all around w sound, weight and ease of carry (carry two at time no sweat and I old)....

Personally prefer old school P-Bass sound in Blues-Rock world. May not work in your genre and can't help w how you'll like w EA. Have fun w it
  4. winston

winston Supporting Member

I really dig my Wizzy 112 but it's sort of the opposite tone of a GS112 - super midrange detail, not a lot of deep deep lows or high highs.

I see you also play DB, the Wizzy is an excellent doubling cab, sounds fabulous with my iAmp800. A 4 ohm Wizzy is a great way to get a lot of sound from lower-powered heads--my favorite pairing with it is an old GK 400RB.
  5. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

I've got a DNA DNS-112N/Micro that I'm considering letting go. Weighs in around 28-30 lbs. Its slightly more compact than the DNS-112N. I've only had it less than a year and have used it less than 10 times, between rehearsals and really small gigs. Let me know if you're interested...
  6. ole Jason

ole Jason

I usually use an AI rig for the upright as I rarely double on the same gig. That definitely does make the Wizzy appeal to me though.