1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Anything lighter than my GS112 with a similar sound?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by ole Jason, Feb 10, 2013.

1. ole Jason

ole Jason

I'm currently using an Aguilar GS112 with a Euphonic Audio iAmp350 for a regular restaurant gig. The sound is great and the volume/lows are fine for this gig but I'd really like something a little lighter than the GS112 since I often have to walk a few blocks. An easy one trip load-in would be great.

Is there anything out there that can pump out the same volume and low end of the Aguilar but at a lower weight? Something around 25-30lb would be ideal. I'll also most likely move to an EA Micro in the near future.

The ones I'm currently reading about:
    Wizzy 112
    Aguilar SL112
    Genz Benz NX2-112T

2. metalinthenight

metalinthenight Supporting Member

I'm interested in these comparisons as well.

3. Not yet

Not yet

Had the GS112 w a Streamliner and grew to hate it. Moved to Genz Neox 112Ts and happy all around w sound, weight and ease of carry (carry two at time no sweat and I old)....

Personally prefer old school P-Bass sound in Blues-Rock world. May not work in your genre and can't help w how you'll like w EA. Have fun w it

4. winston

winston

I really dig my Wizzy 112 but it's sort of the opposite tone of a GS112 - super midrange detail, not a lot of deep deep lows or high highs.

I see you also play DB, the Wizzy is an excellent doubling cab, sounds fabulous with my iAmp800. A 4 ohm Wizzy is a great way to get a lot of sound from lower-powered heads--my favorite pairing with it is an old GK 400RB.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

I've got a DNA DNS-112N/Micro that I'm considering letting go. Weighs in around 28-30 lbs. Its slightly more compact than the DNS-112N. I've only had it less than a year and have used it less than 10 times, between rehearsals and really small gigs. Let me know if you're interested...

7. ole Jason

ole Jason

I usually use an AI rig for the upright as I rarely double on the same gig. That definitely does make the Wizzy appeal to me though.