Apogee Jam

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by RDUB, Mar 19, 2014.

1. RDUB

RDUB Supporting Member

Is anyone using this device? I'm looking for something portable for practice. I want to plug my bass into my iPad, plug in headphones, and be able to play along with songs in my iPad.

Will this gizmo do that? What apps will I need?

2. vin*tone

vin*tone

Yes. You can use whatever apps you want. I don't know much about apps to play along but GK does one. Garageband is great.

BTW the Apogee jam works as a regular interface into USB if you have a mac.

3. RDUB

RDUB Supporting Member

Thanks for that. I'll have to check it out.

4. ashbory

ashbory

i am using the new version of apogee jam, sound quality is excellent.
    For software, JamUp and AnytunePro+ give you all you need for playing along with songs

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Webskipper

Webskipper Supporting Member

Apple owns Apogee.

I keep mine in the bass case. Instead of just stressing to hear the solid bass unplugged, I just whip it out and practice via the iPhone and earbuds. It'll probably migrate to the uBass.

Back in high school (80's dude) we used my locker to amplify the vibes off the head of the bass and guitar. Jammed before first class. Fast forward to today. Apogee gets the A+.

7. peterpalmieri

peterpalmieri Supporting Member

Will this will allow you to play along with anything in your I Phone, Music app, I realbook, tuner, etc. and you just use the gain to get a balance from your bass and what ever you are playing along too? If you want to just plug in your bass and headphones can you just do that or do you need to run through an App?

8. peterpalmieri

My Apogee Jam should arrive in the mail tonight. I understand a bit more than I a few days ago, but still not clear.

Has anyone used this along with I Realbook Pro? I'd really like to be able to play along with it, I understand I can export midi and audio files but I may need to plug into the computer first and preload into anytune or garage band?

9. GenXos

GenXos

I have used the apogee with garageband on my iphone/mac/ipad and it worked out terrific. My new toy right now though is the GT-R1 from Tascam. http://tascam.com/product/gt-r1/

It's pretty cool little unit that you might want to check out as well. I have used it for practice and recording jam sessions with good results. You can play along with music and record yourself at the same time. If you are trying to learn a tune, you can slow it down without losing the pitch. Check out the overview on the tascam site, it is pretty impressive and I prefer to use this now rather than the apogee. I'm not bashing the apogee at all, it really is terrific, I am just offering up an alternative.

10. peterpalmieri

The I real book app will play in the background while you are in garage band.

Any idea how I can get the bass amps on my phone? They are on my pax garage band but just guitar amps on the phone.