1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

App which decreases sensitivity of iPhone / Android?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ::::BASSIST::::, Feb 23, 2013.

1. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Relax... Nothing Is Under Control. Supporting Member

I'd like to use my smart phone (android) to record rehearsals. I am not concerned with fantastic sound reproduction, but when I have tried recording with my android the result is just nothing but distortion.

So what I need is an app that will limit the sensitivity of the phone's mic.

Any ideas?
  2. sj_bass

sj_bass Supporting Member

Simple recording trick; go to Anna's or some other craft store, and buy a small thin sheet of low density foam. Cut and fold it to make a pocket for the bottom half of your phone. Instant (and cheap) windscreen.

You'll thank me later...
  3. Stilettoprefer

Stilettoprefer

I just shut my phone in my bass case when recording during rehearsals. Recordings come out good enough to get a feel for the groove and catch clammed notes.
  4. Frank Tuesday

Frank Tuesday Supporting Member

Hi-Q has input level control.