Apparently a 'very economical price'?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Guinness20, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Guinness20

Guinness20

I'm in the UK, and i've been trying to find out a bit more about spector 5 strings. Found this online -

[​IMG]

Looks great but can't find any videos on youtube, so scrolled down to read this in the description;

"Featuring a bolt on neck, the Rebop basses represent fantastic value for money for those looking to buy Spector build quality and sound at a very economical price."

They're saying this about a bass costing £1549! I've only ever heard this kind of language been used when describing squiers or epiphones. At a push, it's saving some money on a euro 5LX which costs a grand more, but come on!

2. Guinness20

Guinness20

*Sorry there are videos on youtube, but was trying to see what black cherry burst hi gloss looked like.

3. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

I dare say it's all relative. If it's 90% of what you'd get for a bass that costs twice as much :p

4. Guinness20

Guinness20

Haha well the euro 5lx on the same site costs £2400. Only just now had a look at it - this monstrosity costs that much?! -

[​IMG]

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. dukeisdog

dukeisdog Supporting Member

The Spector Euro series are great quality basses, you should really try one out. You'll be hooked! They're saying that ye Rebop is an economical way to get a spector compared to their USA line. I haven't played a Rebop 5 but both of my Euro 5's are rock solid and well worth the money IMO considering I've A/B'd with other commercially available makers and my basses always feel and sound better to me.

7. ddhm

ddhm

That "monstrosity" is also a monster bass (a.k.a. Alex Webster signature). I have a Euro 6 and it KILLS! The build quality is stellar, woods are beautiful and I can get a pretty convincing P or J tone out of it. It is my #1 fretted.

8. inate_hex

inate_hex

9. kikisixx

kikisixx

hi everybody i'm new here, what you people think about Warwick RB Corvette $$ made in China? are they good, ok, or not good at all? any comment will be appreciate it...thank you all...

10. Hamlet7768

Hamlet7768 Here to chew gum and rock. Still have gum.

Alex Webster. Bassist of Cannibal Corpse, Blotted Science, and Conquering Dystopia. Famed for his tone and technical skill in metal circles. Also apparently a really nice guy who's very open about his techniques and gear.

11. BioWeapon

BioWeapon

This (the thread) is not the ideal place to ask - you should start a thread or use the search function to get people's opinions.

12. kikisixx

kikisixx

hi everybody i'm new here, what you people think about Warwick RB Corvette $$ made in China? are they good, ok, or not good at all? any comment will be appreciate it...thank you all...

13. kikisixx

kikisixx

Thank you Adam....