APPLE MAINSTAGE 2 and Bass Guitar

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by BluesMan845, Nov 23, 2012.

1. BluesMan845

BluesMan845

Hello TB'rs

I downloaded Mainstage 2 and was just wondering if anyone is using it with their Bass?

As hard as I've tried, I just can't find any bass presets/amps in the software and I can't believe the lack of support Apple shows for bass players within their software. :rollno:

2. warnergt

warnergt

I've used it with an Apogee Gio. It's pretty cool but I don't
    rely very much on pedals so I haven't used it in a while.

3. uhdinator

uhdinator

If you don't have logic, then you don't have all the amp sims. It uses the amp sims within logic. Otherwise you have to buy amp sim plugins too.

4. BluesMan845

BluesMan845

Is that true with Mainstage 2? I thought it was a stand alone application now. I did find some bass amp presets but nothing pre-mapped like Apple has for guitar, keyboard, vocal and drums.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. twocargar

twocargar Supporting Member

I've used Mainstage 2 with my bass rig. It's true, there aren't many bass presets in there, but I was able to set it up with my Behringer FCB-1010, and it was a lot if fun using the guitar effects and getting it all mapped out. It worked well, except my USB audio interface crapped out and my alternate setup was interfering with my MIDI bass pedal rig (the main reason I use Mainstage).

7. Sam C

Sam C

I've been using Mainstage 2 with Amplitube 3 and an Apogee Gio for about a year now. Works great. The Amplitube custom shop has lots of great amp sims and pedals that you can buy individually if you don't want to buy the full version. There are a few Apple presets that I like, but the Amplitube plugins just sound a little better to me...more variety and easier for me to change up.

8. longfinger

longfinger

for those of you using the Apogee Gio with bass, do you notice any latency issues?

9. Sam C

Sam C

None at all. Just make sure you sample rate is set properly.