Applying music theory to basslines

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by markjsmithbass, Feb 27, 2014.

1. markjsmithbass

markjsmithbass Supporting Member

Had a few emails asking about how you can incorporate arpeggios and scales etc. into general bass playing so I've come up with this overview lesson that gives some demonstrations. I'll add some more detailed lessons on using chord charts and composing your own riffs/basslines in upcoming weeks but for now hopefully this will be of some use to people.

http://www.talkingbass.net/applying-music-theory-basslines/

Mark

2. neckdive

neckdive

Thank you very much for posting this helpful video. I have found myself a bit "stuck" when trying to applying arpeggios and scales to real basslines so this has been especially timely information. Please keep the lessons coming.

3. GKon

GKon Supporting Member, Boom-Chicka-Boom Supporting Member

Thanks, Mark!

I've been going through your online lessons, one by one. I'm up to lesson 8, Seventh Chords. I want to go through all the numbered lesson before moving on to the other material.
    I would like to say that I thoroughly enjoy your lessons and value the clear and concise way you explain everything. I also very much enjoy that the lessons are numbered. Many other online lessons I've come across although also good, seem to have a random jumble of lessons. I like how yours have a natural progression, tying everything together.
    Hence my wanting to wait to study the newer items.

Keep up the good work,

Kon

4. chrism2sych

chrism2sych

Spent the weekend going through the major minor Aug/dim lessons, and the applying theory lesson are all great. Just amazing work, very well organized very easy to follow, thank you.

5. Register to disable this ad