1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

Arc Effects BigGreenPi, Active Friendly Woolly Mammoth Clone, Madbeans Nano Rat Clone

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by MSUsousaphone, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsed Artist: Myco Pedals
    Lots of good stuff going on here.

[DEL]Arc Effects Big Green Pi - Needs no introductions. I got this guy in a trade knowing I needed cash....so I really just got to play on it and flip it. It's REALLY smooth. Great sounding on bass. Not sure about guitar since I'm cool and play bass. One might be heading my way again in the future. But it'll be a while. These guys have a waiting list on them. Snatch it up here and it'll be with you in two days. Asking $150 pp shipped CONUS.
    [/DEL]

[DEL]Madbeans Nano Rat Clone - Built by Madbean himself, this thing impresses the hell out of me. Sounds like my old vintage Proco Turbo Rat. But so freaking small. And cheap. It came close. CLOSE. To making it on my board. Just couldn't topple the B3K and Swell. But man, I thought about it. I could save some cash and space selling the B3K and keeping this.........ooooof.....tough decision. It's so cute and tiny. But it really sounds like the real deal. Perfect for you nano lovers. $65.
    [/DEL]

Woolly Mammoth Clone w/ Active Friendly circuit - That says it all. A Mammoth clone. The Woolly isn't really my thang. But this one's is cool in that it has an extra circuit to make it friendly with active basses. What what. $80

Not really interested in trades. Need cash. But I'll still entertain them. Especially a Source Audio HH3, Polytune Mini, Behringer BSY600, or some sort of muff....mayhaps....

[​IMG]

2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

These are some awesome pedals sir and folks this is a great guy who knows his effects,takes great care of his gear and ships fast plus he hasn't seen one single episode of American Idol a claim that I regrettably can not make.

3. MSUsousaphone

Disclosures:
    Thanks, homeslice. Price drop bump.

4. MSUsousaphone

Disclosures:
    Only the active friendly Woolly remains.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. dlenaghan

dlenaghan

Sous- any info on what makes it a friendlier mammoth?

7. MSUsousaphone

Disclosures:
    Good question. I'll add that to the first post. The whole issue with active basses and some effect pedals has to do with impedance. I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff, but I think I can regurgitate it well enough. This Mammoth Clone is built on a Sabretooth board but it has the addition of an impedance circuit that can be switched off (for passive bass) and on (for active bass). When on, it changes the impedance of the signal to something more fuzz friendly.

8. dlenaghan

dlenaghan

I wonder if it's like the Push/Relax control on the Mastoron I stupidly sold recently which is why I ask.. the choppy fuzz this thing makes is truly unreal..

9. MSUsousaphone

Disclosures:
    Nah. That would be cool. But it won't do anything like that. The basic idea behind the design is: Use a passive bass, open it up and turn it off, you have the Woolly Mammoth. Use an active bass, leave it off it sounds nasty ugly. Just like an active bass on the real Mammoth, but open it up and flip the switch on and BLAM, your active bass sounds just as nice as a passive bass sounds in the real deal.

10. dlenaghan

dlenaghan

Hmm.. That push/relax thing made sweet fuzz with my Guilds, but the standard Mammoth was a train wreck, thought it might've been an impedance thing. GLWTS!

11. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I'm still super curious about that rat clone sir very curious indeed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.