Are Ashdown amps Versatile?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by FunkyStingray, Dec 29, 2012.

1. FunkyStingray

FunkyStingray

Iv been hearing a lot about these amps. Im always messing with my tone, switching genres and what not. Do these amps have that versatile reach that will allow me to get my warm lows for funk and my punchy mids for rock and metal? Im refering to the the 'Ashdown MAG C115-300 EVO III Combo' in particular, as this is the amp im lookin g at buying.
  2. jlepre

jlepre

I have played this amp at our rehearsal space. I don't own it, but I have to say, it gets a great low tone. I don't slap, but for finger style it works GREAT! I play mainly classic rock, and some motown groove.
  3. fourtet102

fourtet102 Supporting Member

I own ABM EVO III - it's Ampeg on steroids so I'd say go with Ashdown. Not sure about MAG series though....
  4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Ive been using and endorsing Ashdown amps and cabs for close to 15 years and I have used the brand in every musical genre setting you can imagine with no problems at all in regards to versatility.

The only mag series I have is a EVO II 300 watt 15" combo and it has a very solid sound overall.

If you're looking for versatility, Ashdown definitely delivers.

Here I amp using a mag series 410 on the top and a ABM series 410 on the bottom with a MiBass 550 head.

Ashdown endorser.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

There are very few "one trick ponies" as far as I'm concerned. If an amp has a good EQ section, and you have both a good working knowledge of it and a good ear, then you should be able to go from tone to tone on just about any quality amp. The only horror stories I have heard about them is getting parts here in the states if one breaks down. That could be just a couple of isolated cases though.