1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Are new Acoustics better or is it just me?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by TDSLaBassiste, Jan 18, 2014.

1. TDSLaBassiste

TDSLaBassiste Supporting Member

I haven't been really putting in the time to play and read up on things as much as I used to but I'm getting back into it and I went to GC the other day and they had an Acoustic stack and I was blown away by the fact that it didn't sound like... Well you know what I mean. Are new Acoustics actually sounding better? Can someone maybe shed some light here?

2. Bass_Pounder

Bass_Pounder

Better then what ?

Old Acoustic - No way

They are a "house brand" of GC, and have nothing to do with the old Acoustic Control Corp amps other then them paying to use the name/colors

3. JimiLL

JimiLL Supporting Member

No. You got out backwards

4. thedudebrah

thedudebrah Supporting Member

I've never played an old Acoustic, but I have to say I do like my new GC acoustic head. I'm going to gig it tonight.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. TDSLaBassiste

TDSLaBassiste Supporting Member

Better than compared to the Acoustic of about two years ago. Modern definitely doesn't compare to the vintage Acoustics.

7. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

I played a b200 combo not too long ago at the store. Honestly it sounded pretty good IMO. On par with the rumbles and orange crush amps.

8. swamp_bass

swamp_bass I love it when a groove comes together Supporting Member

I played the B100mkII and thought it sounded surprisingly good at low volume. But when I turned the volume up, it lost its cookies rather quickly.

9. bassburner

bassburner

Media:
    Albums:
    I have the last incarnation of the B200 and have no complaints whether it's used as the only bass output or if it's just for on stage sound. It doesn't compare to the GK stack I used to have but then it's only a combo amp.

However, I think it handles a variety of sounds better than any other amp I've used. I've used it with both an upright, a jazz bass and an Ibanez soundgear.