1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Are there any tire stores open on a sunday?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by StrudelBass, Sep 11, 2005.

1. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

I've got work in about 3 and a half hours as a pizza delivery boy but my tire blew out last night, so basically I'm driving on a donut right now. Should I call in and cancel work or will the donut last me the night?
  2. steveksux

steveksux

They're only rated for 50 miles < 55mph. So you can probably get by. But then theoreticaly you'd need to replace the donut as well, after a day delivering pizza's you may use up most of those 50 miles.

I'm sure they last longer than that, but some day if you're stranded way out of town you might need all 50 and whatever extra safety factor they have.

Sure the original tire can't be repaired with a plug? If its on the tread, good chance it can be patched in a few minutes. If its on the sidewall, you need a new tire.

Randy
  3. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Hm... I've no idea. How could I tell? My dad said too look for a nail but there was none. It blew out on a dip. I still have the original tire and we tried re-pumping it up with air last night but to no avail.
  4. steveksux

steveksux

Pump it up and spray with soapy water, look for bubbles. Heck, could even be the valve blown out or loose. How fast did the tire go flat again when you pumped it up? Longer it takes the better chance you have of a repair.

Randy
  5. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Uhm... only the under part seemed to have blown out. For the duration of actually changing the tire, the entire top and sides were still full of air. I drove on it for a bit to get to a gas station and it was still full with some air. I should see if there is still air in it right now.
  6. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Yeah, my dad told me no more than 55. I'm really worried about this because I dont want my spare tire blowing out on me while I'm working.
  7. steveksux

steveksux

If it were me, I'd rather not risk having a flat on the donut and being completely stranded somewhere. Take the tire to the nearest gas station or tire store, call to see if they fix flats so you don't waste a lot of miles on the donut, see if it can be repaired.

If the soapy water shows a leak anywhere on the tread except close to the edge, it can usually be fixed. Sidewall and outer rim of tread is not usually repairable.

Randy
  8. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Alright. I just can't think of any stores that would be open today though.
  9. kserg

kserg

Where in cal are you?
  10. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Ontario and Chino Hills
  11. steveksux

steveksux

You have Sears auto out there? They sell tires, don't they? Also many gas stations sell tires, they might be able to fix a flat. The major tire chains may be closed today. But to fix a flat you may be ok.
  12. StrudelBass

StrudelBass

Hm... theres a Sears right next to my house. Not too sure they have an auto center there but I could go look. Might as well buy a new tire though, right?
  13. kserg

kserg

Sorry can't help you there... if you were in nor bay area but... sorry

(I love my full size spare... i've been riding my spare for about a month now, no problem:) )
  14. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Supporting Member

There must be a Big O Tire, a Pep Boys or a Kragen you can go to. The bigger ones do tire changes, rotations and a lot of other things.
  15. steveksux

steveksux

If the tire is just a nail, patching it is good as new, much cheaper. If the tires are nearly bald and you were going to replace them all anyway, might be good time to do it a little early. I like matched tires, for handling.

Randy
  16. XavierG

XavierG

Canadian Tire is open on Sundays. Come and see us... I manage the Auto Service Center (at one of our many locations) and will take good care of you. We're about a day-and-a-half drive from where you are.