1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

are these drums loud enough for my amp?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Unemploid, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Unemploid

Unemploid

drums have always, to me, been loud. i'm think about getting the gretsch energy drum set dor my sister. the idea, bandwise, i we can't find a drum, even if we do ot's a matter of time until he or she flakes, so my 13 year old sister will be our new drummer. my brother, the guitarist, doesn't like the idea, because she has to learn. i have confidence that she'll learn fast, and teach herself, but mainly we need to be self dependent. the drumset, from what i hear is really good for beginners, i like the virgin bass drum. i don't know how good it is for rock, but my concern is it loud enough for our amps. from what i read, i good for small venues, so is my ampeg ba115hp, but my amp is also good for medium size venues. i maybe over complicating this, but i don't wanna buy a drum set for that price, to find out it's not what we need. yeah i could play it at the store, but the stores acoustics make it sound louder/better. my bro uses a line 6 spider 4 150 watt.

also, can someone tell me what is considered small or medium size venues, i could tell what is large.

here is one of our sounds. not our best performance and we are better now, and several diffetent styles of rock. http://www.reverbnation.com/unemploid

you could tell me if this drumset is or isn't for our style of music, just saying this isn't our only style. i play a gretsch g5123b my bro plays a gibson sg, some people may ask. i'm going to leave out our effects, unless someone asks.

2. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066

For $700.00....you could do a lot better on the used market

3. Unemploid

Unemploid

your right about the used market, why didn't i think of that.

4. Trombassix

Trombassix

In the beginning, a band should try to balance themselves in whatever room they are playing in. Amps can be turned down, moved and set up to sound their best in any environment, even if that means facing your speakers to the wall. When you put microphones up on stage, sound leaks and so vocal mics especially pick up the balance of the bands sound. Now add mics for backing vocals and you can see multiplying ambient mics on stage. Practice enough on your own time IE outside of rehearsal to have committed what you should be playing to your coordination system and your memory. When you listen to yourself in rehearsals, try to hear a great band sound where the drums, bass and guitars are working together and sounding great together during unison riffs and figures.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

Just like basses, better deals can be had on drums used. A lot of times you can come across a kit with better cymbals and upgraded heads for less than a beginner drum set would cost new.

7. 96tbird

96tbird This Indian movie is really boring man.

Yep go used. Hey, I really like your song there! You guys are getting it done. Your friends that were watching you in the video are impressed too: you young fellas rock. Keep it up.