Are these vintage DiMarzio pickups? Help

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by NoisySyrup, Jan 30, 2013.

1. NoisySyrup

NoisySyrup Banned

I need help identifying these pickups, i was told they were,(and paid more for), vintage DiMarzio pickups but have recently read about a lot of counterfeits from around the same era. Help!

I can't get pics to load from my phone so i'll describe them.
    Cream cover with adjustable hex pole pieces, both have stickers on the back that say "patent applied for" both have clear epoxy and exposed magnets on the back, one has a black and a red wire coming off of it the other has a green and white wire.

2. altamont

altamont

Could be a Dimarzio Model G pickup, but pics would help!

3. NoisySyrup

NoisySyrup Banned

I can email you pics

4. altamont

altamont

I've got a one in my Ripper at the bridge, someone identified it as a Dimarzio model G. Great sounding pickup. Does it look anything like that?
    [​IMG]

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. NoisySyrup

NoisySyrup Banned

No, mine is a Pbass pickup

7. bassclef112

bassclef112 Supporting Member

Yes, those are vintage DiMarzio's and the PAF sticker dates them to the earliest issues. I do not recall a lot of counterfeits at that time at all. They were pretty unique and there weren't very many outboard options for pickups like there are now. Just one of the reasons those DiMarzio's became quite the rage - higher output and meaty tone. Nothing else like them was around.

What you usually come across are Schaller's versions, usually in black covers. They were for all intents and purposes identical in construction (hex poles) and output, except with different color wires. They were made as you'd expect any Schaller product to be - first rate, not a cheap knock-off. If you had got one of these I'm sure you'd still be very happy.

Attached Files:

8. NoisySyrup

NoisySyrup Banned

Thank you everyone, they're real.