Are yankees stupid?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by two fingers, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

Calm down. I know you aren't. In fact, that's my point. While doing some stuff around the house, I have had the news on. All day long it's been about this "WORST SNOW STORM EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD". Potentially, there will be a couple feet of snow and some strong winds. And all day they have been listing all of the precautions that should be taken, and all of the stuff you should/shouldn't do during a snow storm.

Um........... We're talking about the Northeast. Don't you guys have a pretty heavy snow storm about every twenty minutes up there? Haven't you been through this before? Do you need a to hear advice ALL DAY as to how to handle yourselves in a storm?

I think not.

Thoughts?
  2. bassguitarthund

bassguitarthund

It is not the people. I am from Michigan so I know about snow, lol!!! It is the idiotic media trying to hype everything up for ratings. Everything is always the worst when the media covers it ;)
  3. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Always the rascally media.
  4. EricF

EricF Habitual User

"This Week's Mediocre Winter Storm Like We Have Almost Every Year" just doesn't sell.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Stewie26

Stewie26 Gold Supporting Member

The news media are just rating whores these days.
  7. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

hey now, we're only allowed to use the stupidity blanket when talking about southerners around here.
  8. Timmah

Timmah

That pretty much it.
  9. Kwesi

Kwesi Supporting Member

I dunno how it is in other countries but US news media is trash. I actually respect celebrity gossip stations more than "legitimate" news stations these days. Luckily the internet exists so I rarely have to turn to news channels. The best news station we have is BBC America and the best news stations we get are BBC, Al Jezeera and Russia Today. I think that says a lot.
  10. Thick McRunfast

Thick McRunfast Not just good, good enough Supporting Member

The headquarters for the Weather Channel is in Atlanta, Georgia. Seems they are the ones most excited about it so what's that tell you?
  11. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Snowstorms as reported by TMZ.
  12. two fingers

I'm just gonna leave that ridiculous statement right there on the table. I'm not even gonna pick it up. Yep. Leaving it right there. (Walks away from table........ comes back to table) See that ridiculous statement? I'm not picking it up. This is me doing my imitation of a guy who doesn't pick up ridiculous statements that have been left on that table right there. The table is where that ridiculous statement belongs, so I'm leaving it right there. If I weren't very smart, I would pick that statement up and do something with it. But I'm smart. So I'm leaving it right there. (walks away again...... hesitates and contemplates the ramifications of picking the statement up............. fights the urge to go back into the room where he left the ridiculous statement and pick it up.) NOPE! Not gonna do it. Leaving it there. Why? Because it is a ridiculous statement and deserves its place right there on that table.

I'm walking away now. Going into the other room. Why? Cuz there's no ridiculous statement in that room. So I'm going in there.
  13. 4dog

4dog

Hey two fingers! Come over here and read this rediculous statement Kwesi just made!
  14. Kwesi

Kwesi Supporting Member

Hey man, I'm all ears.
  15. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Administrator

Media:
    i don't think this has anything to do with lame media, but rather it has everything, i think, to do with the fact that the area under target here just got lambasted (sandy), and hasn't recovered yet.

also, as a displaced northerner who had snow on his birthday once (in july), 2 feet of snow in 12 hours is pretty freaking epic. i don't care where you live, anywhere south of the arctic circle is going to consider that level of snow something to pay attention to. since it hasn't happened in the south in something like 20 years, i think there may be a lot of folks who aren't getting the big picture here.
  16. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist Gold Supporting Member

i've seen insane weather in NY, PA, and OH, not always, but at times it's pretty scary when you can't leave your house and you have no electricity or proper heating
  17. two fingers

Nope. Gonna leave it on that table right there. And stop teasing me. I'm trying here.
  18. seang15

seang15 Supporting Member

This.
  19. two fingers

While I see your point, this isn't the first time that a snow storm in the Northeast has been heralded as the worst storm ever in the history of the world. It snows up north. Sometimes it snows a lot. They dig out. It melts. No biggie. They are used to it. I talked to a friend in Boston a few minutes ago. He said he can't believe all the calls and emails he has gotten today wishing him the best of luck. I guess up there they don't see it as that big of a deal.
  20. seang15

seang15 Supporting Member

^^^ But not to contradict, two feet of snow and 65mph winds is borderline Clooney and Wahlberg movie type stuff!!
  21. 4dog

4dog

Its the worry about the people hit by hurricane sandy , thats all, nothing more.
    Gonna suck for them if it gets as bad as it could.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.