Are you a survivor of typhoid?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassestkkm, Feb 24, 2014.

1. bassestkkm

bassestkkm

As the title suggests I'm wondering if any of you have had typhoid and your experiences after having it.
    My own story:
    I am 21 and was diagnosed and treated for typhoid in May of 2008. I had typhoid for 8 months before being diagnosed and treated. I feel that there was damage done that I experience even today and probably will for the remainder of my life. In the course of those 8 months I lost 55 pounds and was told I looked very sickly. Along with digestive tract problems that are for the most part here. I didn't feel sick however because I was working out and exercising a lot. I actually felt that I was in the best shape of my life. But then I was treated and realized that wasn't just me. At the moment I'm really frustrated because I deal with problems that most 21 year olds won't experience for at least another 40 to 50 years. Anyways thanks for letting me rant.

2. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    HPF Technology: Protecting the Pocket since 2007
    Had you been vaccinated as a child?

Sorry to hear about your illness. An amusing story: A long distant ancestor of mine got typhoid, and the "cure" was to drink the brine from a barrel of sardines.

3. bassestkkm

bassestkkm

Yeah I had the vaccination as a kid but I'd gone hiking in Peru and wasn't able to boil my water one morning and so I pumped it with my filter from a stream. That's where I think I had gotten it back then.