1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Are you Color Blind?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by darius8, Feb 25, 2013.

1. darius8

darius8

I just found out I have a strong red-green color blindness. 1 out of 10 males are color blind and 1 out of 120 women are color blind. Some people go through their entire lives without knowing.

Take this Ishihara test yourself. You may be surprised at the results.

http://colorvisiontesting.com/ishihara.htm

What do you see here:
    [​IMG]
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

I was until I started making female friends. They set me straight. Before then, I thought it was ok to wear gray shorts, a blue shirt, black shoes, and an orange hat.

-Mike
  3. bassman4d521

bassman4d521 Supporting Member

I am also.... every so often I will come home from the office and my wife will say "they know you're colorblind right?"
  4. Philonius

Philonius Supporting Member

No, but sometimes I think I might be tone-deaf.
  5. ProgRocker

ProgRocker

6. AnchorHoy

AnchorHoy

FWIW no person who holds a valid CDL (commercial driver's license) in the US or Canada is colorblind.
    Period. No exceptions and no waivers

There's also an an excellent pic floating around the 'Net that directly addresses the issue of colorblindness. Unfortunately, I can't link to here since it would probably get me banned
    :bag:
  7. darius8

darius8

Thats correct, but people with a specific type of color blindess (like me) only see a lot of dots.
  8. Astreaux

Astreaux

Yeah, just dots to me. Very color blind via the tests... Ruined my lifelong dream of being a trucker...
  9. darius8

darius8

There seems to be an advantage for having color blindness. Since people with color blindness can distinguish shapes and contour better because we are not distracted by color. At one time the U.S. Army found that colorblind persons can spot 'camouflage' colors where those with normal color vision are fooled by them. In fact, a reduction in color signals makes the differences in texture and brightness more apparent
  10. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Don't be ludicrous Supporting Member

:D

According to the tests, both at that site and the DMV, I can fully see color.

However, I don't know how a woman can tell that one shade of paint is horrible, while another shade of the same color that looks exactly the same (to me) is perfect for the walls. Do women see MORE color????
  11. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive Supporting Member

Women see more color like bass players hear more tone.
  12. twocargar

twocargar Supporting Member

Yup, I'm blue-green color blind. I have no fashion sense for color either, and my lovely wife STILL asks me about which shade of paint looks better. :rollno:
  13. HEIST

HEIST

14. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive Supporting Member

If inability to tolerate tedium is a symptom of colorblindness, then that test is showing I may be suffering.:meh:
  15. nutso42

nutso42

Got 10/10... guess I'm not.
  16. NickyBass

NickyBass Supporting Member

Yes, I'm colorblind. When people find out, they love to say: "Really?! What color is my shirt?" What a strange question.
  17. Astreaux

Astreaux

yeah I get that... so I say "I can't tell... I'm color blind..."
  18. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Supporting Member

I'm just blind period.
  19. Ziltoid

Ziltoid Supporting Member

This made my eyes bleed.
  20. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Got a 10. Oddly enough, most of my color issues pretty much fell within the 'purple' range of the color spectrum, but they all were very close.