Aria & Aria Pro II Club (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
  2. zuma

zuma Supporting Member

First! :)

Seriously though, I think it's pretty awesome we made it this far.
  3. Immigrant

Immigrant

Whew! I thought my last post on part II was a thread killer. I gotta get over the feeling that people leave when I arrive.:D

I still want in this club when my CSB-450 arrives.
  4. zuma

zuma Supporting Member

Why we wouldn't we want a comedian around? You get no respect I tell you, no respect. :D

We don't really do numbers here but you're in the club! Pending pictures of course. We like cuddly friends around here too. No hairy backs though. You can have them, just don't show them.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. s_mcsleazy

s_mcsleazy

i was just playing mine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

its still a great bass. needs a bit more work befor its back up to scratch but still love it
  7. Basstovsky

Basstovsky The guy with the dumb username... Supporting Member

That CSB-450 gonna be really sweet, give us good pics when you get it!
  8. Immigrant

Immigrant

I definitely will. For some reason, I'm unusually excited about receiving this bass. My last bass purchase was a 32" scale FBB Bassworks (that I paid a whole lot for) and I'm just as excited about this.

Photos can never tell the whole story (especially on eBay) but this thing was in such great condition I couldn't pass on it.

View attachment 278867
  9. Prostheta

Prostheta

I suppose I should post pictures of my IGB-50 I snagged off eBay once I fix her up. Still going over in my head what configuration I want to go for....I'll probably take it active and will likely need to fit a battery box because of that. Tiny control cavity! Shame the front is routed the way it is otherwise I could sack off the toggle and drop a blend pot in there instead....

Funny thing. I noticed yesterday that the 3rd fret side marker was fitted over 5mm out of line! Does this make it more valuable? hahaha
  10. MOTORHEADBANGER

MOTORHEADBANGER Spud-boy looking for a Real Tomato Supporting Member

Sub'd... and it gives me another reason to show off my baby.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  11. Basstovsky

If we're reposting, here's my medium-scale baby

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This thing saved my butt when I sliced apart my left pinky and couldn't reach certain fingering on a 34/35" scale without it and had a show that night, and still love the thing after the finger healed of course, too ballsy and aggressive for my current band though haha, it really devastates the mix! :D
  12. Prostheta

Prostheta

Nice re-enactment of pt.2 guys. :-D
  13. dcalde78

dcalde78

The MAB STD-II looks awesome. Shame I can't find anywhere to check prices.

[​IMG]
  14. Prostheta

Prostheta

Looks good however that bridge looks like it is ripe for an upgrade!
  15. Immigrant

Immigrant

BROWN ARRIVED!

I am now officially an Aria Pro fan. I unboxed it, lowered the saddles (with the included OE hex!), tuned it up and it sounds fantastic! Now to string it up with something less than 30 years old and a good cleaning. The pots aren't even scratchy. I think it's never been played. There was a sealed bag with a cord and hex wrenches, a sealed strap, and a "How to Play Bass" book that was obviously from the early 80s.

View attachment 279852

View attachment 279853

Sorry about the crappy iPhone photos. It's a 3GS.
  16. Basstovsky

Wow, case candy and everything, talk about mint!
  17. zuma

zuma Supporting Member

That is AMAZING. Congratulations. I have some advice for you. If you already have a bass that does a more modern roundwound sound...do yourself a favor and put some Pyramid Gold flats on that thing. I know they are not cheap but it is a match made in thump heaven. I de-fretted my CSB and it lost its previous magic. When I get a proper fretless I am going to refret that bass. That combo was just magical for me.
  18. Immigrant

Immigrant

I may take that into consideration. I have Chromes on my G&L fretless L2000 and Epiphone EB-0 and I could see how flats would work nicely on this. I had D'Addarios laying around, so that's what went on.

I tried medium scale (just the E) and found that the outer wrap of the string would barely reach the nut so I used long (regular) scale and the winding didn't reach the tuner. Cool. Aria must've known to set the tuners back a little so the string winding wouldn't reach the tuner.

I managed to get the action way down without adjusting out any of what little relief was in the neck. I'm tempted to make it dead flat and see what happens. I use pretty light touch and I can still dig in with no buzz. I'm also guessing the pickup screws are threaded into inserts because the screws turn easier than any pup screw on any bass I've adjusted.

Now to play it like crazy and see if the honeymoon wears off.:p
  19. Immigrant

Immigrant

A couple of images. I guess it's called Pron. I had to take them outside because I live in a cave.
  20. zuma

zuma Supporting Member

She's a beauty. Mark me jealous. Only a black SB-1000 with a maple center would drive me more crazy...or a natural SB-600...or a ... ;)
  21. emblymouse

emblymouse I Dig A Pony Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist Lakland**Bag End**Schroeder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.