1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Aria Pro 2 fretless, pickups not working

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by aria_fretless, Feb 25, 2013.

1. aria_fretless

aria_fretless

Hi, I have an Aria Pro 2 frteless which is active, and it hasn't worked on the passive setting for a long time. It started loosing power a few nights ago, and today if I turn up almost full I can hear it faintly through the amp. I changed the battery and opened the circuitry panel but I cant see any loose wiring. I cleaned out the input barrel with WD40, still no good.

I thought it might be the amp so I tried another bass through it and it works fine.

By any chance can an active pickup suddenly die from old age? (20 years)

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.