1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

Aria Pro Custom Shop Steve Bailey Signature fretless 6-string $1500

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by swedbass, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swedbass

swedbass

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: F Bass, TecAmp
    Aria Pro Steve Bailey Signature Fretless six-string Custom Shop Prototype Bass

SOLD

This is a used bass that has been my main fretless for many years. I have switched to a fretless FBass and don’t feel the need for this one any more.

I studied with Steve at Musician’s Institute and this particular bass was one of a few prototypes made by the Aria Custom Shop for him. It features an ash body, beautiful black ebony fretboard, slim stable maple neck and Basslines pickups. I am not sure what the preamp is, but it has two stack knobs, one with volume/balance that can be pulled to mute the output and a bass/treble know that can be pulled for a mid boost Steve used for solos.

I filed the C-string saddle a little to get the action where I wanted.

This bass is extremely comfortable and easy to play, has a solid low end and growly midrange, e.g. exactly what you want in a fretless…

Comes with a padded leather strap, strap locks and ships in a basic gig bag, bubble wrap and an oversized cardboard box.

Price is $1100 shipped in the ConUS. Will consider international shipping for actual shipping cost.

I made a little video so you can hear how it sounds; recorded straight into Logic through an Avalon sp737

and you can hear it here on a track I released:

Kathmandu (from Foreign Shores)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. swedbass

swedbass

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: F Bass, TecAmp
    Bump for lower price
  3. Lacuga

Lacuga Supporting Member

Bump for a great tune and lovely bass. Really well done. And Steve is the coolest cat there is. I am very tempted. (Wish I could play the six... .)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.