Aria Pro Custom Shop Steve Bailey Signature fretless 6-string $1500

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by swedbass, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swedbass

swedbass

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: F Bass, TecAmp
    Aria Pro Steve Bailey Signature Fretless six-string Custom Shop Prototype Bass

SOLD

This is a used bass that has been my main fretless for many years. I have switched to a fretless FBass and don’t feel the need for this one any more.

I studied with Steve at Musician’s Institute and this particular bass was one of a few prototypes made by the Aria Custom Shop for him. It features an ash body, beautiful black ebony fretboard, slim stable maple neck and Basslines pickups. I am not sure what the preamp is, but it has two stack knobs, one with volume/balance that can be pulled to mute the output and a bass/treble know that can be pulled for a mid boost Steve used for solos.

I filed the C-string saddle a little to get the action where I wanted.

This bass is extremely comfortable and easy to play, has a solid low end and growly midrange, e.g. exactly what you want in a fretless…

Comes with a padded leather strap, strap locks and ships in a basic gig bag, bubble wrap and an oversized cardboard box.

Price is $1100 shipped in the ConUS. Will consider international shipping for actual shipping cost.

I made a little video so you can hear how it sounds; recorded straight into Logic through an Avalon sp737

and you can hear it here on a track I released:

Kathmandu (from Foreign Shores)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. swedbass

swedbass

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: F Bass, TecAmp
    Bump for lower price
  3. Lacuga

Lacuga Supporting Member

Bump for a great tune and lovely bass. Really well done. And Steve is the coolest cat there is. I am very tempted. (Wish I could play the six... .)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.