1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Aria Pro II TSB-550

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Thrashville, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Thrashville

Thrashville

Hey all! First post to the board from the brand-new owner of an Aria Pro II TSB-550 "Thor Sound" bass. I got this via a trade from a pawn shop owner, and he only did the deal I got because the original pickup has been replaced and the toggle switch is broken. I am here to ask two questions;
    One-Is there a stock over the counter pickup that would do well in the bass, or would someone be kind enough to direct me to someone here in the Midwest that could help? I would like to stay as true to the original look/sound as I possibly can.
    2-Can I replace the toggle switch with something stock, or should I look for an original Fujisoku? I've seen a couple on eBay, just don't know if it matters.
    I'd appreciate any help with this that I can get, thanks for the time. Thanks again, Paul
  2. Immigrant

Immigrant Supporting Member

Look for the Aria Pro II thread in "Basses". The guys there have extremely large brains and a knowledge base that goes beyond Arias. A few of them will have answers for any question you ask. One guy actually clued me in on the meaning of life.
  3. Isotonic

Isotonic Supporting Member

I think I remember seeing a replacement pickup for the Aria Pro II at the Aero Instrument web site. If so, you cannot go wrong with Aero pickups. I have the Jazz model and it is the best pickup I have ever heard.
  4. Alembic83

Alembic83 Supporting Member

If you want the same look and sound then I think Rautia is the way to go. You can even get them with the exposed pole pieces like the TSB-550 had. The switch is easy to replace since it's just a DPDT switch with On/On positions.

http://www.rautiaguitars.net/aria-pro-ii.html

Good luck!