1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

art show i put together opens on Nov. 10th in LA

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mpdd, Oct 13, 2012.

1. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist Gold Supporting Member

November 10 - 24, 2012

Opening Event:
    Saturday November 10, 6 to 9pm

Viewing Hours:
    Daily Noon to 5pm (Closed for Thanksgiving on Thursday November 23)

Studio Sereno
    5015 Alhambra Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90032

Studio Sereno is pleased to present IN WITH THE OUT CROWD: An Unlikely If Not Surreal Mix Curated by Micheal Dee featuring new works by Los Angles, New York, Houston, and Chicago based punk rock musicians and visual artists. The opening event will feature video in addition to the exhibition of painting, drawing, sculpture, prints and clothing.

The curatorial premise draws upon the unlikely collision of the song “I’m In with the Out Crowd” by The Jesus and Mary Chain with a song by the same title by Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs.

Through a creative process that distorts rational thought and uncolored sounds, the exhibiting artists produce music and visual art which references Surrealism, be it dream documentation, children’s drawings, Freudian psychology, 60s drug culture, 70s underground comics, or historic paintings and poems.

Including: Jillian Alexander, Colin Ambulance of Haunted Tiger, Domokos of Future Blondes, Astral Eyes, Tony Feyer of Cardbored, Greg Gomberg of the Hiccups, Norah Keys of Fancy Space People, Anders Lansing, Jim Ovelmen, Suzy Poling of Pod Blotz, Cameron Murray of Native Fauna, Jon Read of the Wiggins, Andrew Scott of Far Flung, and Ryan Christopher Wade of L.A. TEX.

For additional information email crafted@studiosereno.com.

2. matante

matante

I won't be in attendance but I wish you good luck. The east side needs more art galleries that aren't stuck on stereotypical Chicano art.

EDIT: I hope you put up some flyers up on the west side (and everywhere else). Don't assume people won't make the drive out there.

3. mpdd

4. mpdd

rumors of cool bands at the opening, not confirmed yet

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mpdd

7. mpdd

so with over 110 i'm attendings on facebook, how many people will be at this damn thing?

8. sneha1965

sneha1965 Supporting Member

Way to go! Have a good show.

9. mpdd

my misfits cover band will be playing the art party there next saturday at 9