ART Splitmix 4

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JetBlackJazz, Jan 1, 2013.

1. JetBlackJazz

JetBlackJazz

I am planning a Geddy Lee/Chris Squire style setup with a parallel clean/dirty signal path. Has anyone used the ART Splitmix 4? Could it be used as a channel splitter/mixer to loop different rack units, such as a preamp for grit then an eq on either 2 channels? Opinions?
  2. JetBlackJazz

JetBlackJazz

3. Passinwind

Passinwind Charlie Escher Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Specifications:
    • Insertion Loss: 12dB (typical)
    That's a total deal breaker in my world. Can you throw up a diagram of your basic needs/wants though?
  4. cheapbasslovin

cheapbasslovin

It is a passive unit so it could work as a splitter of a buffered signal well enough, but there could be issues with the passive mixing. As long as all your mixed signals are buffered and have approximately the same output impedance it should be fine, but you'd be better off with more predictable results from an active mixer.

I have never used this product
    , but it is unique as far as I can tell, and fits your needs (depending on your attitude towards Behringer).
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. JetBlackJazz

JetBlackJazz

Well in the case of losing 12db, I don't know if I want it anymore. Thanks for the replies.
  7. Passinwind

Passinwind Charlie Escher Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I'd ask ART tech support what they consider a "typical" application. It might work OK for your particular situation.

For rigs like this I used to have a Mackie 1202VLZ, which was kind of the only game in town back then. There are many cheaper alternatives these days that would work well though. I've used the Behr rack unit mentioned upthread, and the little Behr mixers with pretty decent results for other things, for instance. Rolling your own is always an option too. In my case I just built an EFX loop into my rack preamp that also works well as a splitter for clean/dirty stuff.
  8. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

Look into a Boss LS-2. You can split your signal a and turn your effects on/off with one stomp.
  9. mistermark311

mistermark311