As a bass player and vinyl lover myself, this is a real treat for me

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Alvaro Martín Gómez A., Nov 23, 2012.

1. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Hi again.

Yesterday, I was talking to an old bass player, a very good friend of mine, and he mentioned that he has instructional material from Carol Kaye in vinyl format. Since he doesn't have a turntable, I asked him if would like me to transfer those LPs to digital format. He said yes and, since he can't play the LPs, he told me that I can keep them! He gave them to me this morning, including the accompanying books (I guess I must scan them):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The records are very noisy, so I'm going to clean them with wood glue before transferring them to digital. The guy told me that he has more CK LPs, but couldn't find them. When he does, they will be added to my record collection. :cool: :hyper:
  2. iiipopes

iiipopes Supporting Member

I never thought of using wood glue to clean the grooves of a record. Brilliant! So I did a quick Google. I did notice that most of the Google hits and YouTube videos specified one particular glue: Titebond II.
  3. christopherogut

christopherogut Supporting Member

4. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    About 12 years ago I found a piece of furniture on the side of the road. I stopped and opened it up and found over 1,000 vinyl albums. Count Basie, Louis Armstrong and many others. I took it all. A few months ago, I took out my record player and started listening to them. My wife heard what I was playing and said that we should listen to that type of music more often.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

You should join the Vinyl Spinners Club then.