1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

"As is" Roth 3/4

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by davemang, Dec 13, 2013.

1. davemang

davemang

I'm going to check out this bass this afternoon that a pawn shop is claiming to be a Roth 3/4 and includes a K & K preamp & pickup.

It is listed for $500 and has some cracking on the body & fingerboard separation.

Pictures here:

http://band.marydavid.us/CL Upright/

I'm an electric bass player interested in DB and there are a few rockabilly & bluegrass songs in my current project that really call for an upright and only sound "ok" on electric.

I have been doing some research, but have only played a few DBs - can anyone tell from the photos if there is a chance that this is a bass worth investing in/getting restored?

Thanks!
  2. Mike Goodbar

Mike Goodbar

Might be the lighting, but that almost looks like an infamous Roth fiberglass bass.
  3. davemang

davemang

Thanks for the input - I didn't know they made DBs out of fiberglass, but looking at other threads about the roth fiberglass it does indeed look like that. I'll probably still go check it out since I can do it on my lunch break, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
  4. KUNGfuSHERIFF

KUNGfuSHERIFF

It's a half-size Roth Fiberglas bass. I just checked one out a couple of weeks ago.

$500 is waaaaay too much.
  5. Matt Ides

Matt Ides

Dave, I am local and if you want some help drop me a PM.