1. Welcome to the premier online community and classifieds for bass players!

Register a free account to post, remove lots of ads, and more!

Ashbory (Guild/DeArmond/Fender) Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TolerancEJ, Mar 29, 2011.

1. I searched & was unable to locate an Ashbory Club. I decided to begin one. Drop by & post your pic if you own one.

I'll take #1. This one is mine...
    [​IMG]

2. kaiuk

kaiuk

Mar 3, 2011
    Ill take #2. i would post a pic, but mines identical and im lazy. good to know there are other 'bory players around

3. Same story here.... identical bass and no pic to post, plus mine's in storage and not on hand for a photo shoot...

4. scotch

scotch It's not rocket science! Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Nashville, TN USA
    Disclosures:
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
    I've been an avid, if not ravenous, Ashbory abuser for years! I love it! 'Blown up a lot of p.a. subs with it & certainly upset a few stomachs! :bassist: A track I used it on even charted pretty decent back in '03.

I'm gonna be honest, though,... my newly acquired Kala U-Bass is likely going to force an early retirement for the Ashbory. :crying: There will always be a place in my heart for the Ash' though...

5. Sponsored by:

6. #2 Kaiuk
    #3 RobJ
    #4 scotch

7. kaiuk

kaiuk

Mar 3, 2011
    Scotch, if you dont mind me askin, what track did you play it on and can i hear a recording please?

8. scotch

scotch It's not rocket science! Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Nashville, TN USA
    Disclosures:
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
  9. makz

makz

May 16, 2009
    I guess I'm #5? Mine arrived past week and I think is the only one in Mexico :)

10. @makz - You're right... #5, it is.

11. DanAleks

DanAleks Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2009
    I'll take #6 and post a pic later.

12. #6 DanAleks - Welcome!

13. RonSound

RonSound Proud Registered Supporter of Talkbass Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 24, 2008
    Disclosures:
    owner: RonSound effects and repairs
    I have a black Guild model. I'll take #7 and post a pic later.

14. #7 The EH Man - So be it!

15. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    I have a minor collection of Ashborys from both Guild and D'Armond. One of my Guilds is a very early version sans binding and has a single digit serial number.

No pix yet though, I'll get to that this weekend.

I'll take #8 if that's OK.

16. @mongo2 - And #8 it shall be.

17. Maerius

Maerius

Apr 24, 2011
    I find your lack of pictures... disturbing.

18. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Patience, Grasshopper.

19. jags

jags

May 10, 2011
    Kona Hawaii
    I've got a blue DeArmond. So I guess that makes me #9. It's great to be in the top 10!

Question - I'm missing all but one of the screws to the back plate. I realize I can just get some from the hardware store but the original one is black so I wouild like to get black screws. Anyone know where I can get some black screws?

Will post a pic soon.

Aloha and Mahalo!

20. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Pickguard/back cover screws come in black, you might want to try a music store with a repair tech or a 'net guitar parts store.

21. RonSound

RonSound Proud Registered Supporter of Talkbass Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 24, 2008
    Disclosures:
    owner: RonSound effects and repairs
    Here's my black Guild Ashbory, #346. The gray spots under the pickup and around the toggle are what I think is shielding paint that leaked through under the clear coat. It was like that when I bought it used.
    It also has the original gig bag with blue lining and the original instruction sheet.

[​IMG]

Attached Files: