1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ashdown ABM Evo II repair

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by JohnnyJailbreak, Mar 8, 2014.

1. JohnnyJailbreak

JohnnyJailbreak

Hi,

my Ashdown ABM Evo II Head blow it's fuse recently. Changed it, blow again.
    Opened it up, there are no burns, loose connectors or broken condensators.
    Ashdown wrote it could be the output section.
    My problem is that I wanted to sell the amp, but in its current state I can just sell it for half a fifth of retail and I need the money to reinvest in a new Evo III.
    A repair by manufacturer/distributor is to costly.
    Can anyone share some experience or help me out here? Need a running amp in late april an even as a touring musician I can't afford a new one right away, you know how it is ;)

Thanks in advance, with best regards from Munich

Johnny

2. T-Bird

T-Bird

Hi.

Welcome to TalkBass Johnny.

Unfortunately there's not many modern amps that can be diagnosed over the 'net.

No personal experience about various Ashdown amps, but since the schematic seems to be available, printing that for the tech would be the first thing to do.

Because, unless You, or someone reliable you know, have a basic amplifier testing equipment and the knowledge to use it, taking the amp to a tech or selling it as spare parts is about the only options.

Regards
    Sam

3. floydman

floydman

PM me if you need the diagram, I have it. Ashdown service is also helpful if you email them through the website.

4. John Swartz

John Swartz

You might see if there's a place near-by that can repair Trace-Elliot amps. Ashdown was founded by an engineer from Trace-Elliot and their designs are similar.

5. Register to disable this ad