1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Ashdown ABM-NEO-400-RC

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by MrBonex, Mar 26, 2014.

1. MrBonex

MrBonex

Jan 2, 2004
    New Hampshire
    This looks awesome! Light weight (sort of). British. Available with a head sleeve.

http://ashdownmusic.com/products/1/Bass-Amplification/13/ABM-NEO/108/ABMNEO400RC-/

Has anyone played/lifted/gigged one? I think Ashdown has a winner here. I would LOVE to match this with two 1-12 neo bins (if they'll make them!).

The whole NEO line looks good, too. The 4x8 looks tres cool. But I'd rather have two 1-12s. I know Mark Gooday is listening to me!!!!:D

2. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I've tried the head but it was in one of their new neo 110 400 watts combos and it sounded awesome.

Ashdown endorser.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. MrBonex

MrBonex

Jan 2, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Well, dang, I would expect it to sound awesome!:D:

Any inside info? Availability? Cool tech? Comparison to the old big iron?

Inquiring minds want to know!

I emailed Mark telling him I want a 1-12 in this series. I have no shame.:D

5. bassguppy

bassguppy

Jan 8, 2003
    Latitude 65
    Looks sweet. Make an 800 watt version and I'm there. Not that I need 800 watts.

6. MrBonex

MrBonex

Jan 2, 2004
    New Hampshire
    I'm currently rockin' a Reidmar.

400 watts will be no probs at all. And I believe Ashdown tends to be conservative.

The difference between 400 and 500 watts is about 1 db. I think this'll be fine.

7. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    Bringing this back up. I'm guessing few have experience with the Neo head and the Rootmaster 420, but can anyone comment on how similar they are? i love this demo clip

i'm thinking of replacing my Genz Shuttle with the Rootmaster. of course the Neo looks like the next step up.

8. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    I see that MF is now stocking the NEO head.