ASHDOWN JAMES LOMENZO HYPER BASS PEDAL

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jam -1, Dec 2, 2013.

1. jam -1

jam -1

Hi Guys
    I had just bought the James Lomenzo hyper bass pedal
    I really like this pedal I have an Boss sd1 with the keeley mod done to it and The James Lomenzo Pedal will blow that Boss pedal away I like the tone that I can get form this pedal I highly recommend it I have been looking for a good distortion pedal I really wanted the Darkglass b3k but didnt have the extra bucks to put out for that pedal then I seen that someone had listed all there pedals they have or did have and the guy said that the hyper pedal was almost like the b3k so I checked on youtube to see what the James Lomenzo pedal was like right away I loved the tone he was getting with this pedal so I decided to buy one

Take care guys
    Jeff:bassist:
  2. JeffontheBass

JeffontheBass

I've been using one for a couple years thru an Svt VR and now the new V4b. I love how it helps get the grit at lower volumes and makes your midrange sing! Also love the price compared to the B3K. I will never part with mine!
  3. brendanbassist

brendanbassist Supporting Member

While I also am fond of the Hyperdrive, perhaps you could use some punctuation next time you write about it.
  4. husky123

husky123 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    I have one too and recently sold my B3K....what! Love them sweepable Q and no loss in low end thunder at all. Something just really cool about the way it puts an edge on your tone. I don't leave home without it now.
  5. andrew

andrew

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Regenerate Guitar Works
    Love the JLo Hyperdrive. Really interesting take on a dirt pedal.
  6. pedrodelawasp

pedrodelawasp

It's a great pedal!
  7. Veldar

Veldar

I have one sitting in my draw next to me, I could never dial in the tone I wanted with it, but it was my first pedal ever <3
  8. DiabolicLow B

DiabolicLow B Supporting Member

Yup, picked up one for about $90 a couple of months ago, great pedal.

As mentioned above I like it at lower gain settings, it really makes all your notes growl and jump out with no low end loss.
  9. BruceBass3901

BruceBass3901

I had one put flipped it after a while. Its the only piece of Ashdown gear I have ever flipped and after watching JLo's video on how he dials it in, I regretted it straight away!

I picked up an Ashdown Drive + as a replacement recently and pretty satisfied with it, but may grab another Hyperdrive if one pops up.
  10. jam -1

jam -1

I will nick name you webster your worried how people spell :mad:
  11. Thundar

Thundar Supporting Member

ROFL... :rollno:

I can't even....
  12. Vlad5

Vlad5 Chronic Knob Twiddling Tone Chaser Supporting Member

I've called the Hyperdrive a budget B3K, but it stacks totally differently.

Up front, it can be dialed in to sound like a B3K does normally (low gain zingy midrange stuff). But stacked after other pedals it behaves totally different. The B3K is way more mid-scooped.

I'm soon to be in the market for replacing the B3K I recently sold for fast money. But it will go after all the other dirt while the Hyperdrive will go before. I think the Hyperdrive works best as a gain driver in front of things, while I find the B3K works best as an additive effect or drive enhancer at the end of things.

Just my little comparison of the two, since it keeps coming up.

I can't wait to have both on my board. Can't wait. :hyper::bassist::hyper: