1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

ASHDOWN JAMES LOMENZO HYPER BASS PEDAL

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jam -1, Dec 2, 2013.

1. jam -1

jam -1

Hi Guys
    I had just bought the James Lomenzo hyper bass pedal
    I really like this pedal I have an Boss sd1 with the keeley mod done to it and The James Lomenzo Pedal will blow that Boss pedal away I like the tone that I can get form this pedal I highly recommend it I have been looking for a good distortion pedal I really wanted the Darkglass b3k but didnt have the extra bucks to put out for that pedal then I seen that someone had listed all there pedals they have or did have and the guy said that the hyper pedal was almost like the b3k so I checked on youtube to see what the James Lomenzo pedal was like right away I loved the tone he was getting with this pedal so I decided to buy one

Take care guys
    Jeff:bassist:
  2. JeffontheBass

JeffontheBass

I've been using one for a couple years thru an Svt VR and now the new V4b. I love how it helps get the grit at lower volumes and makes your midrange sing! Also love the price compared to the B3K. I will never part with mine!
  3. brendanbassist

brendanbassist Supporting Member

While I also am fond of the Hyperdrive, perhaps you could use some punctuation next time you write about it.
  4. husky123

husky123 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    I have one too and recently sold my B3K....what! Love them sweepable Q and no loss in low end thunder at all. Something just really cool about the way it puts an edge on your tone. I don't leave home without it now.
  5. andrew

andrew Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Regenerate Guitar Works
    Love the JLo Hyperdrive. Really interesting take on a dirt pedal.
  6. pedrodelawasp

pedrodelawasp

It's a great pedal!
  7. Veldar

Veldar

I have one sitting in my draw next to me, I could never dial in the tone I wanted with it, but it was my first pedal ever <3
  8. DiabolicLow B

DiabolicLow B

Yup, picked up one for about $90 a couple of months ago, great pedal.

As mentioned above I like it at lower gain settings, it really makes all your notes growl and jump out with no low end loss.
  9. BruceBass3901

BruceBass3901

I had one put flipped it after a while. Its the only piece of Ashdown gear I have ever flipped and after watching JLo's video on how he dials it in, I regretted it straight away!

I picked up an Ashdown Drive + as a replacement recently and pretty satisfied with it, but may grab another Hyperdrive if one pops up.
  10. jam -1

jam -1

I will nick name you webster your worried how people spell :mad:
  11. Thundar

Thundar Supporting Member

ROFL... :rollno:

I can't even....
  12. Vlad5

Vlad5 Chronic Knob Twiddling Tone Chaser Supporting Member

I've called the Hyperdrive a budget B3K, but it stacks totally differently.

Up front, it can be dialed in to sound like a B3K does normally (low gain zingy midrange stuff). But stacked after other pedals it behaves totally different. The B3K is way more mid-scooped.

I'm soon to be in the market for replacing the B3K I recently sold for fast money. But it will go after all the other dirt while the Hyperdrive will go before. I think the Hyperdrive works best as a gain driver in front of things, while I find the B3K works best as an additive effect or drive enhancer at the end of things.

Just my little comparison of the two, since it keeps coming up.

I can't wait to have both on my board. Can't wait. :hyper::bassist::hyper: