1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ashdown LB30 gone?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by fuzzy beard, Feb 10, 2013.

1. fuzzy beard

fuzzy beard

Was browsing GC and MF looking to see if the new Ashdown CTM15 was out yet and a price. And noticed neither site list the LB30 any more. I know they just had a huge sale. Was that to dump stock is the LB30 dead now?
  2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Yep. LB30 has been disco'ed, though you can still find it online at the regular price at other stores. I'd do it quick if you're planning on getting it.
  3. lizardwizard28

lizardwizard28

Wow, that was quick. Cool idea but not a practical bump around the house for $900 bucks and not really gigworthy in my opinion. I would buy one if it was UK made but i dont see any collector value for something made in china.
  4. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

I've spied them popping up on eBay the last few days in the $699 range - probably flips by folks who got one on sale. If you're not looking for a megawatter and you can swing it GET IT.

I have not been more psyched about a piece of gear since the advent of the VT bass - probably because it scratches the very same sonic itch. :bassist:
  5. fuzzy beard

fuzzy beard

I loved the ideal of the little bastard but for the same price you could get a American made peavey VB2. That's why I am so impatient to see the price point of the CTM15.
  6. fuzzy beard

fuzzy beard

Anyone else?
  7. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Are you looking to purchase a LB30?
  8. fuzzy beard

fuzzy beard

No not really. I am interested in the new CTM15 and while looking to see if there available yet I noticed the lack of the lb30. I just was wondering if anyone knew anything about it.
  9. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
  10. fuzzy beard

fuzzy beard

Why you selling one?
  11. KPJ

KPJ

12. Bisounourse

Bisounourse

13. Rob Martinez

Rob Martinez

I think I read somewhere there will be an Ashdown CTM 30, so I suspect that will replace the LB.
  14. ShowLow

ShowLow Don't want no treble. Supporting Member

I think you are correct. There was a magazine writeup posted here that you might be able to find with a diligent search. I was one of the lucky ones who caught that MF deal on the LB-30 and I love it.

For those with a small tube amp jones, here is a link to the little club that I started to celebrate low-watt valve goodness:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/low-wattage-tubesters-official-club-960665/
  15. tooley

tooley

Im looking forward to getting my hands on a ctm15. A marshall vba400 is abit over kill for my bedroom amp. But most products like the ctm15 dont really make it over here. To my knowledge anyways.