1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ashdown Mag 210t - 300 Combo : BIG buzz

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by sushi, May 18, 2008.

1. sushi

sushi

Hello everyone. Yesterday I turned on the amp, and out of the blue came a loud high tone which I can only describe as resembling a seriously amplified electric razor. Anything I do to any of the controls has no influence on the tone, and it plugging in or unplugging bass has no effect. Haven't been moving the amp, haven't spilled any beer on it. It has just been sitting peacefully in the corner of the livingroom, used daily as a home-practice amp. Haven't heard anything yet from the Ashdown Technical Department, and wondering in the meantime if anyone has had a similar experience, or what could be the cause?
    Thanks!
  2. sushi

sushi

bump for help if anyone feels so moved. Guy from Ashdown said he suspects the problem is with the large smoothing caps on the power PCB.... most probably a cracked solder joint
    or one of the caps has gone down...

But though I am not an electronics man, when I took a look inside everything looked very clean and undamaged.

Probably going to have to take it in for repairs, (sob) but out of curiosity has anyone here had a similar experience?

Thanks
  3. psychotiger

psychotiger

Disclosures:
    Builder: Moore Custom Guitars
    I've got the same combo but have had nothing like this happen. Time to hit the repair shop.
  4. Liv3rman

Liv3rman

I know this is a really old thread, but did you get this sorted? I have the same issue. :(