ashdown mag 600 head.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by jazzybass41, Dec 7, 2013.

1. jazzybass41

jazzybass41

Any advice on set up for the ashdown mag 600 head please? Im running it through an ashdown mag 410t and a marshall mbc115..I have just purchased it.. I dont seem to be getting much power from it for some reason for 600watts it just doesnt have that oomph so to speak.. any advice please? Are my settings wrong? Is it connected properly? Advice greatly appreciated. Cheers.
  2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Try each cab on its own first. If they are louder when used singularly than together, one on the cab's polarity is wrong. That is step one!
  3. alexofc69

alexofc69

Ditch it! The MAG series heads are worthless junk. Don't get me wrong love ashdown, but not mag. I bought a mag 300 about 9 Years ago. Same thing really weak and no power. Retailer throught it might be cab. Sent replacement and nothing. So replaced head. Got new one and same thing absolutely gutless. Then about a month later POOF!! Went up in smoke !!! Sent it back and I bit the bullet and got Ashdown MK500. Now that was a killer amp! Ended up selling for light weight stuff. But ... MAG series stinks
  4. deathsdj

deathsdj Supporting Member

I have an Ashdown 220 Touring combo that seems to quiet for the rated power. 200 watts I believe. My Peavey Bassic 112 was just as loud with 50 watts and a smaller speaker. My TNT completely drowned out the Ashdown.

It has a pretty decent tone and the tube preamp gives it a little grind but nothing like a true tube amp. I just bought it because it was on sale for one day super cheap and I wanted to try a hybrid. It just is not very useful for what I do so I'm probably going to trade it in for some store credit at GC and use the funds to work on my pedal board.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jazzybass41

jazzybass41

Ok guys cheers. Think iv dropped a clanger buying this!