1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ashdown MAG C210T-300 EVO II/PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by greencoat, Jan 14, 2014.

1. greencoat

greencoat

hi all i have a Ashdown MAG C210T-300 EVO II amp...at the moment id love a new amp,but cash flow is nil,problem is halfway through a am session the other night it just died,theres a fuse where the power lead connects to the amp,i noticed that had blown,i replaced it,as soon as i turned the power on it blew the new fuse...anyone suffer this problem before..cheers in advance

2. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

Did you replace it with the same type fuse? Did it sound normal before the fuse popped?

3. greencoat

greencoat

yeah as i say just in the middle of a session it just went dead,i replaced with very same fuse,as soon as i hit the power on it just knocked off instant,took new fuse out and it was blown
    (cheers for reply me good man)

4. B-string

Chances are better that is not the output devices since it didn't make any strange noises/sound different (but not a guarantee of course). Power supply diodes or bridge rectifiers usually fail at turn on, a power supply cap can fail any time. The fact the fuse pops means the circuit is drawing more current than designed and is preventing a fire hazard. I'm afraid you'll need a tech to sus out where the failure is. I hope for you it is something cheap. ;)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. greencoat

greencoat

yeah your dead right B-string..what ill do is ill leave it in tomorrow and see what the lads in the know come up with..hey B-string cheers for your reply,at least i can pretend i know something when i arrive at the guitar shop tomorrow...LOL..your a gentleman,cheers

7. B-string

No trouble, we are all spinning on the same big blue ball ;). You know to tell them now no strange sounds or noises so that should help them.

8. greencoat

greencoat

cheers me good man:bassist: