Ashdown Pi Bass 240 240w Micro Bass Head

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by tobias3469, Mar 25, 2014.

1. tobias3469

tobias3469 Supporting Member

I searched but found very little info on this amp.

Does anyone have one? Any opinions on sound and tone?

It almost seems to lack some features compared to the Mibass... but does it sound better?

I'm concerned with the 8ohm output. Does that mean it cannot be used with a 4 ohm cab?

Thanks! :bassist:
  2. HaphAsSard

HaphAsSard

My post from when it appeared (one of the few here about the Pilichowski sig head).
    Unless there are quick revisions, that'd be correct, no 4 ohm - the back panel spells it loud and clear:
  3. tobias3469

Thanks for the quick answer. I figured as much. I did see your post in the other thread. I thought this amp might be worthy of it's own thread.

I've got one en route, should be here Friday. I'm not the best writer so I don't know about a full review but I can definitely post some photos and my initial impressions.
  4. tobias3469

Well, this amp sounds great.. but it makes a horrible clipping sound every time it's powered on. Even with the input and output turn all the way down it still emits a near full volume momentary clip when you turn it on. Another small problem is that when headphones are connected it's supposed to bypass the speaker output (obviously) When headphones are connected it still sends low volume power to the cabinet! This must be either a design flaw or possibly a defective unit. I've emailed the Ashdown boys in Essex but have not received any response :help:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. amir93smith

amir93smith

do you know how this handles a low b (possibly a low A)
  7. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

I think you have a defective unit I would ask for a replacement right away it looks like a killer little amp.
  8. tobias3469

I usually tune my 5's to A and this amp seems to handle it just fine. Although I haven't been able to test it at a very high volume yet, at low to moderate volumes the low B sounds great.
  9. tobias3469

I was afraid someone would say that...
  10. tobias3469

Is there anyone else out there running one of these amps?