1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Asheville NC/Western NC GTG, FEB. 17, 6-9

Discussion in 'Social Events & GTG's [BG]' started by bassgeek, Feb 9, 2014.

1. bassgeek

bassgeek

We've had 4 Bass GTG's in Asheville, NC over the last several years and hoping to gather more regional bassists out of the usual 20 or so how show up. RSVP by replying to this thread or sending me a message. Looking forward to it!

Floodwater Studios
    Description
    Hey everyone! It's almost time for the 5th annual Asheville Area Bass Hang! It's coming up on Monday Feb 17th. Tony Black (T Black Arts) has offered to host once again at his river arts district studio, Floodwater Studios. The invite is open to electric and upright players of all styles, there's no cost, it will be donation only. The Asheville Area Bass Hang is a great opportunity to meet other local players, check out gear, talk shop, and have a good time. Please feel free to bring a bass or two. Amplification will be provided, but you're welcome to bring your rig or any other gear you're up for bringing. BYOB.

The event will run from 6-9, and will feature some demos/performances from about 7-8.
    We hope you can make it and look forward to seeing you all, and don't forget to RSVP!!

OK Here's DIRECTIONS!

339 Old Lyman St. Asheville NC 28801

HEADING SOUTH FROM 12 BONES, turn LEFT onto OLD LYMAN ST. follow the road as it veers right and goes behind The "Riverview Station" Building and enters the Zombie Apocalypse section of the River Arts District. Continue until you get to the end and you see a warehouse labeled "SWITCHYARD 6"
  2. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine
    I'm psyched about this! It looks like lots of great bassists from this area and beyond will be coming to the hang. Anyone and everyone should feel welcome to come on out. If you're on Facebook, you can find the event details under "Asheville Area Bass Hang". See you!
  3. leftiebass

leftiebass

Planning to make it. This will be my first chance to hear and see the bass players of Asheville. Never miss an excuse to hang out in Asheville...
  4. wake & Bass

wake & Bass Supporting Member

should be a good one this time around. I missed the last one, but plan on being there for this one. Hopefully more folks will come from around the region and join in on 'the Hang'
  5. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    About 25 guys have confirmed. But that's an 'Asheville confirm' which leaves about a 40% margin of error ;-).

I know for sure there will be some killer gear there. A euphonic audio mega rig, a tecamp puma and m212, a Jule
    Monique and big e 210 flex, and something from port city. Not to mention some great basses! Should be a blast.

Also some strings being given away courtesy of Circle K/Kalium and DR.
  6. james condino

james condino Spruce dork Supporting Member

I just got the word and am planning on attending. If it is ok with everyone, I'll bring my removable neck fully carved double bass and am excited to show off my new ACME 112 & Low B w/ an Acoustic Image head for general goof off and demo. If I can get a hand with load in, I've got a couple of other uprights I might bring along, including a vintage Pfretschner aluminum model.

Food? Fermented beverages? Girlz?

j.
    www.condino.com
    www.kaybassrepair.com
  7. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Hey James! Bring it man, we'll give you a hand. I'd love to see your upright. It's BYOB.
  8. The_Jester

The_Jester

Going to try to make it.