Ashtray and pickup cover for MIA 5 String P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by VeganThump, Nov 4, 2012.

1. VeganThump

VeganThump

Ive searched the forums and couldnt come up with much. I have not come across anything in the 5 string bridge department, I know that fender has a pup cover for a 5 string jazz because i know the 5 string marcus has one, would that fit on my 5 string Pbass?
  2. lostrings

lostrings Supporting Member

I reciently picked up a 2011 Fender American Standard Precision 5 string and I found that I didn't like the boring white pickguard so I ordered a custom Creme Pearl pickguard which I thought would really compliment the Candy Cola color and I added the Chrome Pickup cover. They don't make a bridge ashtray cover that I am aware of as I scoured the internet looking for one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. VeganThump

VeganThump

Sweet looking bass man! I love the pearl pickguard! Where did you get the pup cover? Is that the 5 string jazz cover?
  4. CapnSev

CapnSev Supporting Member

I tried for a long time to find a bridge cover for mine. No luck.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Joe Smithberger

Joe Smithberger Supporting Member

Where did you get the pick guard? I looks great. I am thinking about Reversing the pickup in mine and will need a new pick guard made.
  7. Prezel

Prezel

I just tried and held my Fender pickup cover (made for 4 string Jazz) loosely over the neck neck pu of my MIA Jazz 5 string. It takes just a little bending to make it wide enough to fit. Chances are good that this will work on a P-Bass as well, although the pus are a bit wider. 4 string ashtray bridge cover does NOT fit :(
  8. Prezel

Prezel

Picture of the "4 string covers on 5 string" situation...

Attached Files:

9. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Supporting Member

Media:
    Sweet! Where did you get the pickguard? My current tort PG is a little too pepperoni for my tastes, I'd like to find another.