1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ashtray and pickup cover for MIA 5 String P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by VeganThump, Nov 4, 2012.

1. VeganThump

VeganThump Supporting Member

Ive searched the forums and couldnt come up with much. I have not come across anything in the 5 string bridge department, I know that fender has a pup cover for a 5 string jazz because i know the 5 string marcus has one, would that fit on my 5 string Pbass?
  2. lostrings

lostrings Supporting Member

I reciently picked up a 2011 Fender American Standard Precision 5 string and I found that I didn't like the boring white pickguard so I ordered a custom Creme Pearl pickguard which I thought would really compliment the Candy Cola color and I added the Chrome Pickup cover. They don't make a bridge ashtray cover that I am aware of as I scoured the internet looking for one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. VeganThump

VeganThump Supporting Member

Sweet looking bass man! I love the pearl pickguard! Where did you get the pup cover? Is that the 5 string jazz cover?
  4. CapnSev

CapnSev Supporting Member

I tried for a long time to find a bridge cover for mine. No luck.
  5. Joe Smithberger

Joe Smithberger Supporting Member

Where did you get the pick guard? I looks great. I am thinking about Reversing the pickup in mine and will need a new pick guard made.
  6. Prezel

Prezel

I just tried and held my Fender pickup cover (made for 4 string Jazz) loosely over the neck neck pu of my MIA Jazz 5 string. It takes just a little bending to make it wide enough to fit. Chances are good that this will work on a P-Bass as well, although the pus are a bit wider. 4 string ashtray bridge cover does NOT fit :(
  7. Prezel

Prezel

Picture of the "4 string covers on 5 string" situation...

Attached Files:

8. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Supporting Member

Sweet! Where did you get the pickguard? My current tort PG is a little too pepperoni for my tastes, I'd like to find another.