[ASK] Yamaha RBX5 A2

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jeppu, Nov 8, 2013.

1. jeppu

jeppu

Hi guys..
    Someone wanna sell his yamaha RBX5 A2. There is a little ding on side of the body. The asking price is about $330.
    Two questions:
    1. Is that a good price?
    2. If someday I wanna change the pickups, what is the alternative choice of pickups will fit the existing pickups hole?
  2. Bongolation

Bongolation

I would say that was high for a US price, and considering the final production were Indonesian instruments I would imagine market would be less there.
    No idea, but they are not in a conventional configuration, so you won't have easy answers there. These were advertised as having Yamaha Custom Shop designed pickups, for whatever that's worth.

These were closed out here for around US$225-250, and the four-string ones were cheaper. I have one of these I got for ~US$185 new and am not a fan. There were problems with the trussrod sticking in the channel on these, which might be a point of damage on a used instrument if the previous owner tried to fight it.

I also think the painted-on "binding" and the unsealed top graphics are trashy and vulnerable to wear. Never mind lighting two (why not three?) knobs. :rollno:

The big selling point of these were that they were very light, having a skinned balsa core, but mine weighs over seven pounds.

I don't know your local market, but I say pass on the deal at that price.

Good luck! ;)
  3. jeppu

jeppu

Even many basses built in indonesia but the selling price are always following the global price/standard. IMHO.

Yeah..why not three lightning knobs..hahaha...

Btw, thanks for your oppinion Bongolation. I sure will ask the lower price.