1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

At what stage

Discussion in 'Music Theory [DB]' started by Andy Mopley, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Andy Mopley

Andy Mopley

would you say a student may be introduced to play along CDs (in the abscence of an ensemble or orchestra) and what would you consider to be "beginner pieces" - not so much in the Vance vain, but rather fun and (gradually challenging) orchestral pieces?

Thanks for reading!
  2. Manuel101

Manuel101

I taught electric bass after school for a year. The program was very successful with very high attendance. I would spend have of the allotted time teaching technique, the other half i would write the tabs and teach them how to play fun and catchy popular son. This kept them well engage and they always came back for more.
  3. J.D.B.

J.D.B.

My teacher put me in them after about two months (8 lessons). He uses the Ebersol for horn players. The piano and drums are on one channel and the bass is on the other (so it can be shut off completely). They are excellent. He had me writing my own lines right away, starting with Bb. I get sheets with the chord changes for each tune and away I go.

Josh
  4. Andy Mopley

Andy Mopley

Thanks guys but I was thinking more in terms of Double Bass and classical music...