Atelier Constantin Popescu

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by bassmanbrent, Apr 14, 2014.

1. bassmanbrent

bassmanbrent

Hi all,
    I've just started a long distance discussion with Constantin about an interesting bass he has for sale. I'm curious to know if anyone here has had any dealings with himÂ… His name doesn't come up muchÂ… He seems like a charming and friendly fellow so far. Thanks in advance!

2. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Disclosures:
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
    I haven't dealt with him personally, but his reputation is top notch.

3. BHBassman

BHBassman

Approx. 20 yrs. ago I played a gig in NY, then (stupidly) followed the band leader through a revolving exit door & crunched my bridge. Was referred to CP, who made a bridge & also got him to tweak my other 2 basses as well. Great job & great player.
    Very busy shop.

4. Rodger Bryan

Rodger Bryan Supporting Member

If he did the setup on the bass, it should be easy to play and will sound as good as the bass and player will allow. PM me if you have more specific ?'s- I'm in CT

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassmanbrent

bassmanbrent

Thanks folks. The deal did not work out, due to no fault of Mr. Popescu. I appreciate the feedback. Cheers!

7. Jmilitsc

Jmilitsc

Have had great experiences with Constantin, excellent and meticulous repair work, very patient, accommodating, and informative. Great selection of instruments and I love my carved bass that I purchased at his shop. Feel free to PM for more detail if you like.