1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

ATK 305 Neck Pocket Fitment

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by srxplayer, Dec 9, 2012.

1. srxplayer

srxplayer

I have an ATK 305 that I bought a couple of years ago and I have always thought the neck fitment at the body is weird. The heal is not flush with the body. Since this is the only 5 string ATK I have ever seen or played I had nothing to compare it to. It doesn't effect playability, tuning or intonation. I recently saw a picture of a new 805 and the body and neck are flush. Just wondering if other ATK 305 owners have the same neck fitment on their basses. Is this normal?
  2. srxplayer

srxplayer

Here a re a couple of pictures from the rear of my ATK 305.
  3. srxplayer

srxplayer

Seriously?? Nothing on this?

The pictures I was trying to upload won't post. I think I'm over my quota.

Anyway does anyone have the same weird fitment on their ATK's?

Bueler...Bueler....
  4. KeithPas

KeithPas

I have one that I got in a trade recently and I did not notice anything out of the oridinary and I have owned at least 50 different 5 strings. It may not be comfrtable for you; that is only something you could know but there is nothing that affects funtionality. I actually love this bass
  5. danomite64

danomite64 Supporting Member

Considering what the word 'fitment' means, I'd say you're going to have a difficult time getting an answer to your question, as most bass players don't put furniture on their bass.
  6. srxplayer

srxplayer

ForumRunner_20121212_170002.png

Okay here is the picture.

And I stand corrected on my description. The picture should explain what I mean. The offset seems weird. Just wondering if other ATK 305's are built like this.
  7. danomite64

danomite64 Supporting Member

That looks like the neck join on my eighteen year old ATK 300; except the heel of my neck has a softer transition line. They probably make it that way for better access to the higher frets.
  8. KeithPas

KeithPas

Not sure if this is true but I have heard that the offset makes the neck joint more stable. It definitely improves access to the upper frets
  9. srxplayer

srxplayer

Thank's for the info guys.

It's never bothered me as far as playing the bass. Everything works as it should and I guess it does help reach the higher frets. I just never go there on this bass. I just noticed the difference compared to the pictures on the new 805. There is a slight offset in the 805 as well but it's not as dramatic. Not that it matters. This bass isn't going anywhere. Even if I pick up an 805.
  10. Bongolation

Bongolation

My ATK 700 & 750 are screwier than this, as I recall.