Atk805e premium, or Schecter custom active P-5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Greenmantwo2, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Greenmantwo2

Greenmantwo2

Hello all!

I am about to purchase a new 5 string bass and have it narrowed down to either the Ibanez ATK805e or a Schecter Diamond custom active P-5.
    Just looking to see if anyone can give me some insight or opinions on either bass as it would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Greenmantwo2

Greenmantwo2

3. peledog

peledog Supporting Member

ATK has more versatility.
  4. Bulldawg82

Bulldawg82 Supporting Member

Always try before you buy. WHen you strap them on, you will get a good feel of which one is right for your. For me, the ATK just sits right on me. Now, I have the older ATK305 and perhaps the newer ones wouldn't sit "right" on me. Either way, the way she feels on you is just as important as it's sound.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Greenmantwo2

Greenmantwo2

Thank you both for the replies,

Good to know that the Ibanez would have more versatility, thats a feature I really like.
    The whole story is I originally bought a Schecter Stiletto Custom 5 and didnt like it at all. Don't like the EMGHZ in it, and just wasn't impressed for the money. So long story short I'm returning it and trying to find something else.
  7. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

I have read great reviews on the Yamaha TRBX505, it is cheaper than the ATK also. Look on youtube for a review and you wil see and hear how good it looks and sounds.