Attaching a Visual Volume to a pedalboard

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Chaddycakes, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Chaddycakes

Chaddycakes

I want to put my new Visual Volume pedal on my board semi-permanently. I was using velcro for my other pedals, and the VV has feet that I don't seem to be able to remove. I'd prefer velcro so I can move it from board to board easily. I've never really attached a wah or volume to a board before. Any ideas?

2. Gadgetjunky

Gadgetjunky

3. Chaddycakes

Chaddycakes

My solution, and I guess my solution for any future pedal I get with feet, was to attach the snap side of the velcro on the back of the pedal as I would on any unfooted pedal, and then I cut a piece of 1x2" snap and hook each of the velcro, and then I stuck them together on the sticky side, creating a small velcro riser. This allowed me to attach my VV10 to the velcro pedalboard without removing the feet or damaging the pedalboard.

4. NoxNoctus

NoxNoctus The Crushinator Supporting Member

like almost every big pedal out there, you need to unscrew the screws inside the rubber feet, take the rubber off, and replace the screws back into the unit. Easy peasy.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Chaddycakes

Chaddycakes

Not the VV10. The feet are affixed permanently.

7. Montanamike

Montanamike Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: Atkinson Music, Inc.
    I have a vv10. The feet appear to be permanent but they are not. During manufacturing they put a tab of glue on the bottom of the foot to hold it in place. Just remove the screw and dislodge each foot with a blade screwdriver. Push on the side of the foot. Hard.

They do come off and they do go back on. This procedure hurts nothing. Good luck

Mike

8. Chaddycakes

Chaddycakes

I'm pretty happy with my solution. No damage at all to the pedal, not even to the small amount of glue, and I don't have to keep track of the loose feet. I'll also have a ready made solution for future footed pedals