1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Audacity style app for android.

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by davrip, Feb 12, 2014.

1. davrip

davrip

Hi all,
    can anybody suggest an app for jamming with on an Android tablet?

I use a Vox amplug into a laptop and use Audacity for practising.

Is there an Android app that will do similar on a tablet for even more
    portability?

I don't need all the features, just playback and maybe a graphical
    interface to highlight and loop specific sections of the track.

Any advice most welcome.
  2. azwipe

azwipe Supporting Member

Check out iReal Pro. Amazing app. You can download thousands of charts, and the app will generate accompaniment with several different rhythms and feels to choose from. Or you can program in you own tunes.

Az
  3. wrench45us

wrench45us

can anybody confirm or deny that one can now set the loop function in iReal Pro in android as one can on iOs?

wasn't there last I looked and that's a feature that's very nice to have

even w/o iReal Pro IMO iReal Pro is very useful
  4. wrench45us

wrench45us

I can answer my own question

from the iRealB for Android manual
    "To loop playback a section of the chart: long press (tap hold) on the first measure you want to start the loop on, then when you get the play button appearing, long press on the end loop measure."

I was trying to drag from the start point to the endpoint -- which is how that feature is implemented on iOs