Audere classic 4-band

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bradjonesbass, Dec 14, 2012.

1. bradjonesbass

bradjonesbass

I'm going to be putting one of these in every bass I buy from here on out! The Conklin GT7 is a terrific playing bass and sounds pretty darn good out of the box, but when the stock preamp went out I did a bunch of research and ended up ordering the Audere. This bass now sounds like a $5000 custom!
  2. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

Congratulations! Audere makes some excellent preamps!
  3. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    Agreed. The Audere classic 4 band is a fantastic pre.
  4. 4StringTheorist

4StringTheorist

I've got the 4 band 3ZB here. I pretty much never touch the Z-mode switch, so it's equivalent to a Classic 4. I agree! Killer preamp!
  5. michaelandrew

michaelandrew The bass player is always right. Supporting Member

I've just put a classic 4 band in a Yamaha 765A after shielding the pre-amp cavity. The purpose of the exercise was to get rid of the noisy Yamaha electronics. Now the noise is gone, the bass sounds better than ever and I even get better string-to-string tone and volume balance.
  6. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties Supporting Member

Agreed on all the above. :cool:

Audere Audio is sort of the Acme Sound of onboard preamps: innovative original design, superior performance, at a shockingly reasonable price - relative to the value.

Or is it that Acme Sound is the Audere Audio of bass cabinets? :meh: :smug:

MM
  7. Doom Bass

Doom Bass

Hey....I'm actually in the process of pulling a stock fender jazz preamp out of a custom bass I have. In the past I haved used seymour duncan pres with kind of disappointing results. Maybe a change is in order?
  8. bradjonesbass

bradjonesbass

Take a look at what they have to offer.
  9. michaelandrew

michaelandrew The bass player is always right. Supporting Member

Add high quality parts, excellent build quality and great customer servivce to the other things said about Audere - recent personal experience.
  10. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

I ordered a new Audere JZ3 about 6 weeks ago for the bass I'm going to be surprised with for Christmas. I got this response from Audere.
    I got the V,B/HM,LM/T,B.

I've been tempted to put it my HWY 1 Jazz, but I've been good. Waiting for Christmas.....
  11. socialleper

socialleper

Do the slashes mean those are stacked pots?
  12. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

yep. His do. I got it backward on slashes/commas
  13. joelb79

joelb79

I have a question for Audere Classic owners who have owned the other plate preamps. I found the Z-mode was stuck in Mid for me: and the tone controls on the 3ZB were too polite and wide. I settled on the 2 band audere as the better EQ Points of the Z-Mode plates; but my favorite jazz bass preamp is the Sadowsky.

Will I be happier with the Classic? I'm looking for something to compliment my EMG J's and the EQ points look proper on this preamp. The 15DB Low/High seem more Sadowsky like; perhaps a little wider EQ range on them, but still closer.