audio interface, play through computer speakers?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by rynb15, Dec 10, 2012.

1. rynb15

rynb15

So the wife just had a baby the other day and now i dont get to play as loud as i want to anymore :crying:. When i practice i usually just crank up the computer with songs, and crank up my bass amp. I want to plug my guitar into the computer, practice the same way, but just wear headphones coming out of the headphone jack on the speakers hooked to the computer. Is this possible? I have been looking at the audio interfaces at guitar center. All they talk about is for recording. Will they do what im looking for? I just want to play live through the computer. no recording. Or is there a better way to do this? Any certain brand you guys recommend? Thanks
  2. jmclearnon

jmclearnon

You can, it really depends what interface you buy.

My motu ultralite MKIII allows me to plug in several instruments, play through headphone out, computer speakers and or up to 8 output channels into various things including phono for hi-fi. It really depends how much money you are willing to spend.

If you want to go for a budget option i would buy a small mixer desk,plug your bass + computer into it and jam through the headphone out. This will be far cheaper.
  3. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    I have Tascam US-122L USB MIDI Computer Interface but usually play through my Tascam DT-R1.
  4. MrLenny1

MrLenny1 Supporting Member

Yes, check out Tascam.
    I use the Bass Trainer MP3. It does not interface
    to a computer but sounds decent for headphone playing.
  5. Register to disable this ad