Audiokinesis Hathor

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by basss, Jan 9, 2014.

1. basss

basss Supporting Member

I'm thinking about picking one of these up. I've read a couple posts here saying that it is a bit light on the low end. Looking for a bit more direct feedback from users.

I have a GK neo 112 which I like a lot but sometimes need just a bit more. I don't really want to give up low end but if I could make up for that using the Hathor with the low EQ boosted on my amp and have more volume...
  2. DukeLeJeune

DukeLeJeune Only immortal for a limited time Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner & designer, AudioKinesis; Auth. mfg, Big E (Home Audio only)
    The Faital 15PR400 woofer has quite good (though not outstanding) x-max, and in the Hathor 1544 it's in a cab that's fairly small and tuned fairly low. This all translates into, yes you can boost the low end and unless you are really aggressive with the EQ, you're not going to run into problems.
  3. chienmort

chienmort

Duke, am I right in thinking you spend more time designing and making speakers than updating your website?

I cannot see your Hathor cabs there. Do you have pictures, specs etc?
  4. DukeLeJeune

DukeLeJeune Only immortal for a limited time Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner & designer, AudioKinesis; Auth. mfg, Big E (Home Audio only)
    Yes you are correct! I'm still up at 4AM, having just finished a crossover design.

You can find pictures and specs linked in my signature line, or here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=125121.0

The original Hathor 1544 that this thread was started about has been discontinued, and its slightly more compact replacement is in the works. Shoot me a PM or email (audiokinesis(AT)yahoo(DOT)com) if you'd like to know about it.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs, Jule Amps
    I now have quite a few gigs with the H1203 (both single and a pair, indoor and out) and I wouldn't describe it as shy in the low end. It may not extend as far as some other "super 12s" but the low end is well supported and controlled. I has more booty than my Tecamp XS112 cabs did, and has more punch than the Berg CN112 iirc. In the "under 30# category", nothing can touch it.
    dralionux likes this.