1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Audiokinesis Hathor

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by basss, Jan 9, 2014.

1. basss

basss Supporting Member

I'm thinking about picking one of these up. I've read a couple posts here saying that it is a bit light on the low end. Looking for a bit more direct feedback from users.

I have a GK neo 112 which I like a lot but sometimes need just a bit more. I don't really want to give up low end but if I could make up for that using the Hathor with the low EQ boosted on my amp and have more volume...
  2. DukeLeJeune

DukeLeJeune Only immortal for a limited time Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner & designer, AudioKinesis; Auth. mfg, Big E (Home Audio only)
    The Faital 15PR400 woofer has quite good (though not outstanding) x-max, and in the Hathor 1544 it's in a cab that's fairly small and tuned fairly low. This all translates into, yes you can boost the low end and unless you are really aggressive with the EQ, you're not going to run into problems.